Details: LIFT offers a competitive salary and a generous benefits package.
32 Court St, Ste 1208
Legal Information for Families Today (LIFT) is seeking a talented and experienced Operations Manager to join our team.
The Operations Manager is responsible for managing the business operations of LIFT to support the organization’s achievement of annual goals. This position reports to the CEO and works closely with the senior management team.
LIFT is a non-profit organization whose mission is to enhance access to justice for children and families by providing legal information, community education, and compassionate guidance, while promoting system-wide reform of the courts and public agencies. We empower those without lawyers to successfully self-advocate in the New York Family Courts. To learn more about our programs please visit www.LIFTonline.org.
LIFT is a dynamic, growth-oriented organization with a team that is both professional and passionate about our work. We encourage ongoing professional development as supported by regular staff trainings and support a healthy work-life balance. In addition to the satisfaction of seeing the impact they have on the lives of children and families, employees receive competitive salaries and generous benefits.
Essential responsibilities include:
Operations and Management:
- Provide effective management in the areas of administration, human resources, and technology.
- Assist CEO and management team with implementing organization-wide goals and strategies.
- Maintain Board operation logistics including meeting scheduling, compliance and policy overview.
- Manage City Council and Mayor’s Office contracts including quarterly and annual billing and reporting.
- Supervise bi-monthly and bi-annual lobbying report submissions for NYC and NYS through consultant.
- Compile program and financial data as needed across all departments.
- Maintain and regularly review vendor contracts, benefits, and all organization wide expenses.
- Facilitate and coordinate annual audit between Auditing firm, Board, Controller, and Management team.
- Ensure proper filing and document retention for HR and Financial records.
- Oversee IT network and equipment. Conduct daily oversight and annual analysis of IT functions.
- Manage operations consultants, contracts and vendor relations
- Oversee Human Resources (HR) functions, including employee onboarding, performance reviews, personnel records, and benefits. Ensure adherence to labor laws and standards.
- Update Employee Handbook and other policies as needed.
- Oversee organization policies and procedures. Maintain Administrative Procedures Manual.
- Manage liability insurance policies and compliance with laws/filings.
- Conduct annual review of insurance and benefit policies and negotiate renewals.
- Supervise Office Manager/Administrative Assistant if and when hired
- Manage general organization of the office including supplies, files, mail and shipments.
- Maintain office equipment, including monitoring of leases and employee usage.
- Address equipment operating issues with third party vendors when needed.
- Liaise with building management to address facilities matters
- Maintain account information for all vendors, including passwords, login info, and contacts
- Monitor staff adherence to office standards and procedures, and alert supervisor to any concerns
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 5 years of office experience in non-profit fiscal and operations
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, flexibility, and enthusiasm
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and in teams
- Proven time management and organizational skills
- Knowledge of accounting and HR compliance a plus.
- Advanced Excel and Word skills
- Commitment to LIFT’s mission
LIFT is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Learn more about LIFT at www.LIFTonline.org.
LIFT offers a generous benefits package that includes Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, and TransitChek Program, as well as a generous time off/holiday policy. In addition, LIFT offers a 403B Retirement Savings plan which is matched up to 5% of the employee’s annual salary after one year of employment.
Minimum Education Required