We are seeking a motivated self-starter who is able to work both independently and as a productive team member. We are looking for someone who has:
· Familiarity with the Lake Champlain region;
· Knowledge of freshwater lake water quality issues;
· Experience and comfort being on the water, and if not already certified, eagerness to learn to safely operate the Lakekeeper motorboat;
· The ability to communicate effectively through written and oral methods and to work collaboratively with a wide range of people, including staff, interns, volunteers, policymakers, stakeholders, and the general public;
· Experience and/or an interest in fundraising to support Lakekeeper goals;
· Experience working in advocacy, community organizing, and/or outdoor education;
· Strong organizational and interpersonal ability to take initiative, solve problems, assess priorities, and manage a variety of activities in a fast-paced environment;
· A commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion; and
· An undergraduate degree in the sciences, environmental policy, or a related field preferred.
Conservation Law Foundation (CLF) protects New England’s environment for the benefit of all people. A nonprofit, member-supported organization, CLF uses the law, science, and the market to solve the region’s most challenging environmental problems from climate change to ocean conservation to transportation. Every day, CLF advocates stand up for New Englanders – in state houses, court houses and board rooms, regulatory hearings and community gatherings – to forge innovative paths to environmental progress and economic prosperity for all in our region. To that end, CLF works with communities of color, and also communities that are economically or otherwise disadvantaged, which often suffer disproportionately the impacts of environmental degradation.
CLF is committed to representing New England’s diversity in our staff, volunteers, boards, and membership and creating a positive, inclusive workplace culture where all can thrive. People of color are encouraged to apply.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The base salary for the position is $60,000; actual salary will reflect experience and qualifications.
We recognize the value of work-life balance and also strive to create opportunities for growth for all employees through professional development.
Salary & Benefits
CLF offers a competitive salary, an extensive benefits plan, and an open and accepting work environment where differences are highly respected. The base…
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled “your last name- first initial-cover” (e.g. “SMITH J COVER”) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please make “Lake Champlain Lakekeeper” the subject of your e-mail. No phone calls please.
CLF considers the health and safety of its staff members and their families, our guests, our visitors, and the community at large to be a top priority. All offers to work, intern, or volunteer with CLF are conditioned on the candidate complying with CLF’s mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy.
If this exciting opportunity appeals to you, please send your resume titled “your last name-first initial-resume” (e.g. “SMITH J RESUME”) and a thoughtful cover letter titled…