Details: Yearly Salary
We're excited about professionals who are fired up about our liberal arts program, positive approach to discipline, and commitment to serve all students. Join us as we foster innate curiosities, encourage discussion and debate, and guide students to think their own way through to answers.
Over the next five years of Ascend's growth, the network will recruit between 250 and 350 outstanding candidates each year to work at Ascend's high performing liberal arts, college-preparatory charter schools and network office. Reporting to the director of talent outreach, the talent outreach coordinator facilitates tactical components of the recruitment outreach plan and leads college and university partnerships to recruit a highly qualified and diverse population of prospective teachers, leaders, network staff, and operations staff. The ideal candidate should enjoy being part of the big picture while successfully executing very specific, detail?oriented work.
Why extraordinary professionals choose Ascend
Ascend is a network of K-12 public charter schools serving 4,800 students across 12 schools in Central Brooklyn. Our mission is to lead our students on a great intellectual journey, providing them with an exceptional education and placing them firmly on the path to success in college and beyond.
We guide our students to think critically and independently and to enjoy education as an end in itself. We teach a rich and rigorous liberal arts curriculum that nurtures students' natural curiosity about the world. We foster a positive, non-punitive school culture where students feel connected, empowered, and safe to take academic risks. Even our school buildings are designed to reflect our high aspirations for teaching and learning and the notable accomplishments that occur within our walls.
To create this kind of vibrant learning community, we invest heavily in our faculty by providing ongoing professional training and support, and encourage our educators to collaborate closely and push each other to achieve great outcomes.
Visit our website to learn more about the Ascend approach.
The talent outreach coordinator executes measurable, effective, and sustainable outreach strategies to fulfill Ascend's hiring initiatives. Key responsibilities include:
Outreach planning and execution
- Assist in the design of a year-long outreach plan that systematically builds a short and long-term teacher talent pipeline
- Support the execution of a referral strategy, including school-based referral events and referral initiatives
- Support the execution of a college and university partnership strategy
- Support the execution of all external events: happy hours, panel opportunities, conference attendance, career fairs, webinars, and professional development
- Process potential candidates from events, referrals, resume books, agencies and other lead-generating activities
- Coordinate aspects of the internship program
- Travel to local and regional events, as required
Candidate research and communication
- Research potential candidates
- Plan and execute email campaigns to potential candidates
- Research and develop comprehensive teacher and leader prospect list
- Coordinate and track prospective candidate cultivation efforts conducted by the Ascend staff
- Work with director of talent outreach to ensure CRM is up-to-date with accurate information of all candidate information and cultivation efforts
Staff and Reporting Relationships
The talent outreach coordinator reports to the director of talent outreach and collaborates closely with the director of talent data and operations and the director of talent recruitment.
- Bachelor's degree from a competitive college or university
- Experience as a full-time, K-12 teacher in an urban environment is preferred
Skills and Traits
The talent outreach coordinator must demonstrate:
- Ability and desire to work in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Ability to track and execute many complex, urgent tasks and processes simultaneously for different projects without missing any steps
- Attention to detail and organizational skills with proven system to manage weekly and monthly tasks and priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Results-orientation and willingness to do whatever it takes
- Strong work ethic, “roll-up-my-sleeves” attitude
- Passion and commitment to urban education and our ultimate goal of closing the achievement gap
- A hunger for feedback and an openness to engage in a process of self-improvement
- Alignment with the educational philosophy and core beliefs of Ascend Learning
Diversity at Ascend
Ascend is committed to building a diverse and inclusive community, both through our hiring practices and our focus on creating a culture and environment where diverse perspectives, ideas, and identities are valued and integrated into our way of working and educating students. Ascend staff represent a wide diversity of racial, socio-economic, gender, religious, and national identities—opening a window to the entire Ascend community on the richness of humanity. We welcome all applicants who share our mission and vision to join us in our deeply consequential work.
Ascend offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required