See what a job can do!
REDF (the Roberts Enterprise Development Fund) is a pioneering venture philanthropy galvanizing a national movement of social enterprises—purpose-driven, revenue-generating businesses that help people striving to overcome employment barriers get jobs, keep jobs, and build a better life. For people with histories of incarceration, homelessness, mental illness, substance abuse, and limited education, social enterprises provide the paying jobs and services they need to stabilize their lives, develop a work history, and build skills and conﬁdence. When employees are ready, social enterprises help them ﬁnd lasting, competitive employment.
Research shows this approach works. It leads to greater economic security and mobility and a signiﬁcant rate of return to society—$2.23 in beneﬁts for every $1 spent.
Since 1997, REDF has invested in over 100 social enterprises in 21 states. To date, those businesses have earned $392 million in revenue and employed nearly 24,000 people (and counting).
Manager, Los Angeles Regional Partnerships
The successful candidate will be responsible for the success of the Los Angeles Regional Social Enterprise Initiative -- LA:RISE -- in the City of Los Angeles, a public-private partnership providing employment, workforce, and retention services to individuals who have experienced homelessness or have been justice involved. S/He will be responsible for the programmatic development and management of the LA City LA:RISE program in partnership and coordination with the City’s Economic and Workforce Development Department (EWDD.)
The Manager will handle key partners and opportunities within local government, business, philanthropy, and nonprofits in the LA:RISE partnership. Having a strong understanding of cross-sector projects, the Manager will be the key liaison in building and leading the working relationships among the various partners, while working closely with colleagues responsible for REDF’s policy, venture philanthropy portfolio, data reporting and analysis, and development.
Act as the primary LA:RISE LA City program manager in partnership with EWDD in supporting the program’s goals and REDF’s greater Los Angeles regional strategy.
Manage LA:RISE LA City Program:
- Lead Project Manager in coordination with LA City EWDD including managing LA:RISE program wide goals, metrics, and process adherence
- Lead annual program year preparation process including updating all program materials
- Supports regional director in assessing social enterprise and workforce partners
- Supports LA Regional Partnerships Director in managing the LA city government relationships (elected and administrative)
- Responsible for program operations including any process or program improvements
- Responsible for approving program materials, standard operating procedures, and training materials
- Responsible for program data management including collection, reporting, and analysis for external and internal stakeholders.
- Manage LA City specific partnerships and pilots including LA City housing pilot
- Manage Legal Services Provider sub-contractor
- Manage employer partnerships and pathways including private sector employer engagement, LA City Target Hire Program, and LA County Whole Person care referrals
- Lead Relationship Manger for 5 Social enterprise/ worksource center partnerships in achieving individual contractor goals and program execution
Develop Learning Community within LA:RISE Partnership
- Guide and supervise field building associate in new staff onboarding, new partner training development, and workshop content development
- Conduct quarterly LA:RISE all partner academy meetings
- Conduct four professional development trainings a year for frontline staff
Contribute to REDF’s Regional Partnerships Strategy
- Partner with Programs team on key elements of the strategy including supplying lessons learned, offering expertise and working closely to learn from other intermediaries
- Explore, recommend, and help to advance policies and program changes that would result in increased competitiveness of social enterprises
- Participate in establishing methodology to measure success of this effort; track results; report to management, programs team, and others on results
Support Strategic Communications
- Develop LA City program communications in coordination with REDF marketing team including quarterly newsletter, participant stories, and annual report
- Find opportunities and platforms to promote the regional partnership or social enterprise to key stakeholder audiences. Make presentations, lead or participate in workshops and online discussions that make strategic contributions to social enterprises, nonprofits, and philanthropists
- Work with REDF communications and REDFworkshop.org to develop and disseminate high quality communications that advance general or specific knowledge of the social enterprise value chain or talent development solutions
- Strong project management and time management skills; highly organized and detail-oriented
- Ability to lead high-value external relationships to achieve shared results across sectors, cultures, and skill levels
- Effective negotiation and trouble-shooting skills, presentation skills, communication and written skills, and proven experience with client satisfaction
- Knowledge and track record of high-performance with Los Angeles City nonprofit, philanthropy and/or government networks
- Understanding of Los Angeles workforce, homelessness, opportunity youth and reentry services is a plus
- Minimum five years’ work experience in a nonprofit intermediary, small business, management consulting, and/or CSR with multi-sector partnerships.
- Graduate Degree preferred (equivalent work experience will be considered)
- Experience with businesses in multiple industries and knowledge of social enterprises passionate about employing disadvantaged people desired
- Skill with Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint and ability to work extensively at a computer
- Enjoy working independently or in a team environment
- Ability to work in a matrix organization and an open office environment
· Ability to help craft REDF’s next 15 years of impact
· Work with passionate, dedicated people
· Apply your passion for social change in your career
· Operate with a high degree of autonomy in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
· Competitive, comprehensive benefits package
Please submit resume and cover letter as one file through REDF’s online applicant portal.
Equal Employment Opportunity
REDF is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer. All qualified applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identify, national origin, disability, or veterans’ status or other status protected by applicable law.
REDF encourages employment applications from people who are representative of the culturally and ethnically diverse communities REDF serves.
If you need an accommodation to complete the online application, please call 415.561.6633. Please leave a message and a member of our Human Resources team will return your call within one business days. Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Applicant Accommodation” in the subject line of the email. Please note that this phone number and email are only for those individuals who would like to request an accommodation to apply for a job.
Comprehensive Health Plans
Personal Time Off
401(k) with Employer Match
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants are encouraged to apply at the REDF.org careers site.
Please submit your resume and cover letter as one file when applying.