At Rocketship Public Schools, we believe all students deserve an excellent mathematics education, one which not only builds deep understandings of math concepts and procedures, but also develops the ability of learners to apply those understandings in a multitude of contexts and challenges. Reporting to the national Associate Director of Mathematics, the Senior Associate of Mathematics will be a key contributor on our national academic team and a critical collaborator on our vision of excellent mathematics instruction at Rocketship. As part of the national mathematics team, the Senior Associate of Mathematics will work to ensure that key stakeholders have the resources, training and support they need to achieve ambitious student outcomes. Through deep collaboration with regional and school leadership, the math team will bring to life Rocketship’s vision and core beliefs for excellent math instruction: instruction which emphasizes thinking, problem-solving and reasoning, which stimulates inquiry and curiosity, which focuses on meaning over answers to build transferable thinking, and which is accessible to all learners. The Senior Associate of Mathematics must work relentlessly to drive on key network initiatives and ensure all students at school sites receive a transformational mathematics education.
- Mathematics Instruction - Planning & Design
- Create & edit network scope & sequence maps and instructional vision documents
- Create & edit math instructional resources, assessments, and data-to-action resources.
- Create & curate a library of School Leader-facing instructional supports, from model videos to math instruction rubrics
- Collaborate with Multilingual Learners team to integrate language supports & best practices into mathematics instruction
- Collaborate with Integrated Special Education team to create mathematics instruction frameworks and resources accessible to all learners
- Collaborate with Personalized Learning team to integrate technology & online learning innovations to personalize instruction for all learners.
- Integrate culturally responsive teaching practices into our vision for mathematics instruction and related curricular materials
- Engage in network-wide data analysis to drive strategic action planning in response to data
- STEM Teacher & School Leader PD
- Observe mathematics instruction and review student data to help identify network-wide needs for mathematics PD
- Design & deliver school-leader & teacher PD on mathematics instruction
- Mathematics Instruction - Implementation Support
- Model lessons in classrooms for teachers and School Leaders to support deeper internalization of the vision for math instruction at Rocketship
- Observe classrooms to progress monitor implementation and collect and share trends
- Coach & support a cohort of schools on math instruction
- At least 2 years of classroom teaching experience, with a demonstrated track record of excellent student achievement results.
- Willingness to travel to various Rocketship regions throughout the school year
- Strong working knowledge of K-5 math content and excellent lesson planning skills
- Outstanding time management and organizational skills
- Results-oriented and data-driven
- Adaptable and able to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Skill at building strong working relationships with people and driving results requiring contribution from multiple stakeholders without direct oversight
- Excellent analytical, and critical thinking skills, combined with outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Experience planning and managing complex projects
- Deep commitment to Rocketship’s mission to eliminate the achievement gap in our lifetimes and desire to have an impact in an innovative and high-performing organization