- Bachelor’s, Master’s degree preferred, from an accredited college with relevant coursework in financial accounting.
- At least five years of experience in non-profit financial accounting systems and fiscal audits.
- Experience with government contract administration.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to present financial and accounting information.
- Strong project management/plan development skills, group leadership and organizational skills.
- Commitment to OYN design and philosophy and unwavering belief that all students can excel.
- Able to work well with limited oversight and direction.
- Excellent technology skills, including use of web-based and general office productivity software.
- Ability to work with a diverse, multi-cultural staff and participants.
- Driver’s license to travel to program sites for support, training, and implementation.
- Required criminal history background check and proof of U.S. citizenship or legal resident status.
- Experience managing budgets in excess of 3 million dollars with multiple funding sources.
- Experience with local, state, federal, and private contract administration.
- Experience or knowledge in public school financial accounting.
- Experience managing a fiscal staff.
- Applicable financial management certification (NJ School Business Adminitrator Certification, CPA, etc...)
Finance and Accounting Activities
- In collaboration with the EDOFA, CEO, and other fiscal personnel, managing the development, forecasting and analysis of budgeted line items and commitments for the agency. Assists in the development of the annual salary/expense working budget.
- Manage revenues and expenses budgetary lines to ensure adherence to organizational budgets, personnel allocations, and operational allocations.
- Maintain the Fixed Asset and associated depreciation schedules; prepare General Journal entries as needed; ensure proper recording of new purchases and disposals.
- Oversee the recurring process of Accounts Payable according to funder and payroll-related items.
- Oversee bank deposits according to funding sources and receivables.
- Oversee cash balances and petty cash balances and ensure effective procedures are in place to ensure controls and accuracy.
- Oversee fiscal file management needed within the financial department.
- Ensure oversight of and processes are in place for contract invoicing.
- Participate in month-end close process
- Track and maintain company insurance policies.
- Facilitate annual external and funder audits.
- Manages all grant activity in conjunction with contract agreements/ budgets.
- In collaboration with fiscal personnel manage the annual fiscal audit.
Financial System Training, Knowledge, and Support
- Create and maintain strong working relationships with all users across OYN’s strategies.
- Respond to to financial data inquiries and requests to support financial decision-making.
- Maintain and develop processes and procedures to operate a sustainable finance and accounting systems that are aligned to the network goals.
- Work with Directors and Managers to ensure effective utilization of program level funding.
- Train and manage financial and accounting staff
- Provide ongoing training and consultation around financial and accounting data.
- Attend and participate in staff meetings to review finance and accounting items.
- Carry out all other duties as assigned.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Forward cover letter and resume to Dr. Dowayne Davis, Executive Director of Finance and Operations at