UNITE HERE Local 11 is recruiting a full-time Campaign Researcher to conduct research, develop strategy, and move campaigns to win justice for low wage workers.
Local 11 is a labor union that represents over 29,000 hospitality workers in Southern California and Arizona who work in hotels, restaurants, universities, convention centers and airports. . Our membership is diverse, comprising workers from many immigrant communities as well as high percentages of African-American, Latino, and Asian American workers. We are predominantly women and people of color, and we hail from all corners of the planet. Together, we are building a movement to enable people of all backgrounds to achieve greater equality and opportunity.(www.unitehere11.org/) .
Campaign Researchers conduct in-depth investigative, industry and corporate research, and develop and implement strategic campaigns in support of the Union's internal and external organizing programs.
UNITE HERE is known throughout the labor movement for innovative and effective campaigns utilizing corporate campaign strategies and impressive grassroots mobilization of workers and community allies to win justice for low-wage workers in the service-sector. Through organizing and winning good contracts, UNITE HERE members have made hundreds of thousands of traditionally low-wage jobs into good, family-sustaining, middle class jobs. (www.unitehere.org)
Campaign Researcher Job Responsibilities:
- Research companies using a wide variety of sources, including published databases, on-line and Internet sources as well as informational interviews with union, industry and financial sources.
- Conduct local and field research on companies and industries.
- Develop corporate analysis and adapt it for various audiences (e.g. staff, workers, stockholders, the public).
- Develop and implement campaign strategies and tactics.
- Develop expertise in UNITE HERE industries.
- Work with UNITE HERE members, organizers, and regional staff, as well as with community members and elected leaders to move campaigns forward.
Desired Qualifications include:
- Activist experience and demonstrated commitment to fighting for workers’ rights.
- BA Degree or relevant research and/or organizing experience (labor, political or community).
- Strong analytical, writing, computer and interpersonal skills.
- Willingness to travel and to work long and irregular hours.
- Familiarity with database and word processing software.
- Ability to effectively manage a workload with competing priorities and deadlines, and thrive in fast-changing, emerging set of circumstances where it will be necessary to work independently and take initiative.
Excellent health benefits
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please complete on-line application information here: http://jobs.unitehere.org/ Be prepared to upload your resume, cover letter, writing sample and to list three references.
UNITE HERE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and People of Color are strongly encouraged to apply.