The Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center (Isaacs Center) is a non-profit, multi-service organization focusing primarily on the needs of children and low-income families, out-of-school and out-of-work youth, and aging New Yorkers. We operate at community centers located in the neighborhoods of East Harlem and Yorkville, and seek to deliver programs that are impactful, innovative, and intergenerational.
The primary function of the Administrative Assistant is to provide daily support to the Johnson Cornerstone staff and manage the administrative activities within the Center. The Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Isaacs Cornerstone Johnson Site Director.
- Answer and direct phone calls.
- Assist in the preparation of DYCD and Board reports.
- Interacts directly with the community; distributes information via email, telephone; explains Cornerstone programs.
- Responsible for the completeness and accuracy of all participants’ and members' files
- Input member data in DYCD online.
- Assist in managing interns and volunteers, including but not limited to completing evaluations,
time sheets, scheduling DOH fingerprints and ensuring other background clearances are conducted.
- Responsible for monitoring staff attendance sheets.
- Responsible for the logistics related to program trips/events.
- Responsible for maintaining and sharing site calendar with Coordinators, Supervisors and relevant stakeholders.
- Create and maintain an inventory of office supplies and program equipment.
- Responsible for maintaining all programmatic forms.
- Develop and maintain a filing system.
- Maintain office policies and procedures.
- With supervisors’ approval, coordinate external community events/activities.
- Maintain contact lists.
- Attend staff and external meetings -where appropriate.
- Compose and distribute meeting minutes.
- Adhere to the agency's mission.
- Adhere to Isaacs Center Afterschool Policies and Procedures Manual; comply with all emergency procedures appropriate to the site and in conformity with procedures adopted by emergency service authorities to ensure the safety of the children and staff.
- Actively participate in all aspects of staff development, including weekly supervision, team meetings, and training during the school year.
- High School diploma; GED required; BA preferred
- Good communication and organizational skills
- Microsoft Office proficient
- Bilingual (English/Spanish), a plus
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Stanley M. Isaacs Neighborhood Center is an equal opportunity employer and considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally protected status.
Qualified applicants should email/fax their resume for consideration to Jennifer Cepero, Director of Finance and Administration. Email: email@example.com.