Details: Anticipated Salary Range, based on qualifications and experience: $60,000 - $70,000
District of Columbia
We are seeking a Development & Communications Manager to join our team. My Sister's Place (MSP) is a community of staff, volunteers, and advocates committed to eradicating domestic violence. As DC's oldest domestic violence shelter, we have served as a cornerstone of the District's response to this pressing public health issue since 1979. We are a professional, friendly staff and are in the metro-accessible U Street area.
This position supports all aspects of fundraising and communications, including:
- Solicitation of gifts and grants
- Donor cultivation
- Special events and campaigns
- Donor and funder research
- MSP’s monthly newsletter
- Managing and editing the MSP website.
- Self-starter with 5-7 years of nonprofit development experience
- Well-organized and conscientious
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Strong visual and graphic design sense
- Experience using Hootsuite, Constant Contact, or other design and communications software
- An ability to learn new software
- Enjoys tasks ranging from data entry to helping to build a communications program for the agency
- Strong computer skills are important.
- Experience with social media
- Experience with DonorPerfect or another donor database
- Experience with WordPress
MSP pays the entire cost of each employee’s health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and provides ten days of sick leave and three weeks of vacation, as well as 15 paid holidays, to each employee. We also have an Employee Assistance Plan that is free to all employees and their families.
Minimum Education Required