The Bridge, an innovative and well respected mental health agency serving adults with serious mental illness, substance abuse, co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, and co-morbid medical conditions is seeking Social Workers/Mental Health Counselors/Substance Abuse Specialists for it's A.C.T. Program in Manhattan and the Bronx.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to provide services consistent with the ACT model
- Participate in daily team meetings to review and plan client services
- Provide the expected number of services to clients each month, 80% of which are in the community
- Complete required documentation in a timely and high quality manner
- Work collaboratively with clients, their families, and community partners to assist clients in achieving their treatment and recovery goals
- Coordinate client care through close involvement with hospitals, substance use treatment facilities, etc.
- Provide 24-hour crisis intervention on-call services on rotating basis
- Complete immediate needs assessments, comprehensive psychosocial assessments, individualized service plans, and crisis/relapse prevention plans
- Conduct specialized clinical assessments of violence risk, suicide risk, substance use, trauma, and criminogenic needs
- Conduct other required assessments with clients, such as Child and Adult Integrated Reporting System (CAIRS) reports, Assisted Outpatient Treatment (AOT) reports
- Use evidence based treatments in the areas of mental health and substance abuse to address client needs (e.g., cognitive behavioral therapy, harm reduction, motivational interviewing, trauma -informed care)
- Provide services to assist clients with needs such as family support, housing, entitlements, employment, education, vocational interests, community integration, and connection to physical health care
- Provide services to assist clients with needs such as legal advocacy, navigating the criminal justice system, coordination with legal agencies
- LMSW, LCSW, LMHC with current New York State license or credential
- At least two years of experience providing services to adults with serious mental illness
- Must have or be eligible to have NY State ID (non-drivers or drivers license)
- Knowledge and experience of electronic health records (specifically AWARDS by Footholds) preferred
- Spanish speaking a plus
Individuals with lived experience in the areas of mental health, substance use, criminal justice, &/or homelessness are encouraged to apply.
No phone calls please. Only applicants selected for interviews will be contacted.
Excellent compensation package.
Minimum Education Required