30440 Agoura Road
Supports the work of the grants management team, including data entry for processing grants, tracking requirements, ensuring accurate grant data management, and helping to prepare board dockets. The grants assistant is an integral member of the grants management team and the Foundation, and reports to the Director, Grants and Knowledge Management.
- Assists with the processing of the Foundation’s grants, including entering data, conducting due diligence, attaching documents, scheduling requirements and payments, and generating correspondence.
- Oversees the Grants Management Outlook account, tracking receipt and routing applications, reports and grant agreements. Helps to monitor requirements.
- Responds to unsolicited requests for funding.
- Assists with the preparation and production of the Foundation’s quarterly board dockets.
- Provides technical assistance on the use of the grants management database, as well as the Foundation’s grantmaking forms, policies and practices to enhance accuracy, consistency and efficiency.
- Assists with the archiving of grant records, and grants database clean-up and maintenance in order to meet legal, auditing and Foundation requirements.
- Undertakes special projects and other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 2 years of relevant work experience required; non-profit, philanthropy or grants management experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel, Outlook and Word.
- Experience with grants management databases or a relational database.
- Interest in the Foundation’s mission and the operational side of grantmaking and philanthropy.
- Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- High attention to detail and strong analytical skills.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team, plan and prioritize workflow to meet deadlines, take initiative, and be solution-oriented.
- A positive attitude and high level of accountability and flexibility.
A competitive compensation package is available, including a salary commensurate with qualifications and experience, and a comprehensive benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume by email to the Talent and Culture department at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note “Grants Assistant” in the subject line. No phone inquiries, please.
The Conrad N. Hilton Foundation is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse candidate pool.