Details: • This is a full time position for the duration of the project (March 31, 2019)
Date: August 6, 2018
Title: Case Manager
Department: CUNY Citizenship Now!
Location: Central Office
CUNY Citizenship Now! provides free, high quality, and confidential immigration law services to help individuals and families on the path to U.S. citizenship. Our attorneys and paralegals offer one-on-one consultations to assess a participants’ eligibility for legal benefits and assist them in applying when qualified. In addition to providing consultations and application assistance to the immigrant community at our centers, we regularly hold Citizenship Events in all five boroughs to assist green card holders with citizenship and naturalization issues.
Under the supervision of the Supervising Attorney, the Case Manager will provide support and assistance for the provision of Citizenship Now!’s legal services. S/he provides direct support to participants (as well as pro bono advocates assigned to individual cases) seeking Naturalization, U- Visa, and Special Juvenile Status assistance, and/or any other immigration guidance as long as follows CN!’s scope of services. S/he has knowledge of immigration laws, concepts, practices, forms, and procedures within the field. Additionally, s/he will coordinate case management and facilitate communication with pro bono advocates. S/he is technologically savvy to manage shared calendars, guide participants through online resources and provides troubleshoot feedback on program. S/he will ensure that all clients are properly served, and that the rendered services are accurately recorded. S/he will maintain constant communication with the assigned staff attorneys in order to ensure the seamless provision of services.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Monitor, track, and record participant registration and caseload management.
- Pre-screen, guide and assign participants to advocates as necessary and provide follow-up regarding next steps and schedule legal review appointments.
- Assist in the coordination of services provision at different service location by working with site schedules and a centralized appointment system.
- Provide follow-up with pro bono advocates and confirm in-person appointments within a shared calendar.
- Assign cases for legal review to attorney.
- Inform and guide participants of any requirements or necessary documentation needed to successfully complete the application.
- Follow and understand CN! Model, Policies and Procedures and passes knowledge to other staff members.
· Prepare and assist with logistics for trainings and/or informational sessions.
- Assist with other administrative tasks as needed.
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
- This is a full time position for the duration of the project (March 31, 2019)
- We offer a competitive comprehensive benefit package.
Level of Language Proficiency
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Bachelor’s degree and 2 years relevant experience in immigration law or experience within a nonprofit setting
- Commitment to protecting the rights of low-income immigrants is strongly desired
- Excellent tech/computer abilities
- Ability to handle and resolve recurring problems in a courteous and professional manner
- Excellent presentation, writing, and verbal skills
- Strong research, analytical, and documentation skills
- Able to establish priorities, work independently, and proceed with objectives without supervision
- Willing to participate in Citizenship Events, including on weekends and to work at different offices in NYC
- Paralegal experience preferred but not necessary
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please use the following link to apply https://www.rfcuny.org/careers/postings?pvnID=VU-1808-002693
until September 21, 2018. Subject line should read: “CN Case Manager”
Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.