ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Management and Administration
- Provide day-to-day administrative support to S4H’s management team: Executive Director, Director of Operations, and Director of Strategy.
- Maintain a system or interface to assist in calendars and meeting scheduling. Send meeting agendas, organize follow-ups, etc.
- Maintain organization-wide electronic filing system via Google Drive.
- Create and implement a protocol to triage ED’s high volume of emails, flag time-sensitive requests and high priority communications, and ensure immediate attention while maintaining privacy and confidentiality.
- Assist the ED in projects and requests in a time-sensitive manner.
- Support creating internal infrastructure to allow the organization to scale in a sustainable and maintainable way.
Finance and Human Resources
- Support hiring processes and volunteer applications/management, e.g. post vacancy announcements, organize applicant materials and coordinate review/screening, schedule and confirm interviews.
- Work with new hires, volunteers and interns to collect necessary paperwork.
- Develop a calendar for annual performance reviews, 6-month reviews, and other cyclical HR functions.
- Support projects as needed with human resources consultants or legal counsel.
Fundraising and Relationship management
- Manage and maintain constituent databases; enter data; run basic reports.
- Prepare thank-you letters for individual donors. Process annual donation receipts.
- Manage general inquiries and ensure prompt and responsive follow up from appropriate staff.
- Draft and proofread correspondence with donors and prospects, as needed.
- Assist the development team with funder research, monitoring and grant reporting, as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Impeccable attention to detail.
- Ability to communicate clearly and proofread reliably.
- Excellent judgement, tact, cultural competency, and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Systems thinker, multi-tasker, able to manage competing priorities and deadlines.
- Self -starter who takes initiative, is tenacious, and sees tasks and projects through to completion.
- Good collaboration skills, both internally and externally.
- Experience working with individuals across diverse disabilities to accommodate different ways of accessing electronic communications, participating in discussions, processing information, and carrying out activities.
- Skilled at managing up.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365 (especially Word, Excel, Powerpoint); familiarity with Slack, Redbooth, WhatsApp, Kindful, Classy and/or aptitude for quick learning of new systems. Familiarity with virtual meeting platforms, project management software, and constituent relationship management systems a plus.
Space for Humanity is committed to working with individuals from all backgrounds, including persons with disabilities and will provide reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of this position due to a disability or medical condition.
MINIMUM EDUCATIONAL AND PROFESSIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Legally able to work in the United States
- 2-year college degree or equivalent experience
- 3+ years of relevant work experience in a nonprofit, corporate, or customer service setting
- Desire to devote yourself to the mission of Space for Humanity, consider yourself in it for the long term.
Routine contact with Management Team, Board of Directors, staff, fellows and interns. External relationships with individual and institutional funders, partner organizations, etc.
We are looking for people that are excited by the mission of Space for Humanity, and excited about the possibility of learning, growing, and being in it for the long term.
Please submit a cover letter, resume/CV, and three references (name, phone, and email...at least two must be professional) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than Friday September 24, 2021. Please provide all requested information at submission of your application.
For questions about this position, please contact Space for Humanity's team at email@example.com.