10411 Motor City Drive
ORCID is seeking an experienced and enthusiastic professional for the position of Operations Project Manager. If you like the excitement of a start-up and the public-service orientation of a non-profit, join us in building and managing our operational infrastructure.
ORCID (https://orcid.org) is an international non-profit organization working to create a world in which all who participate in research and innovation are uniquely identified and connected to their contributions and affiliations across disciplines, borders, and time. To achieve our vision of a trustworthy identifier-enabled research information infrastructure, we provide individuals a unique persistent identifier while building and sustaining a community of users and adopters. We are committed to openness, diversity, and our core principles of privacy and researcher control.
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. In your letter please include the name of your favorite airport.
ORCID is seeking an Operations Project Manager. This role will administer ORCID’s internal portfolio of information systems and tools, manage our information and privacy policies, and lead projects to ensure effective and efficient information sharing across the organization. If you are a problem solver that likes to foster teamwork and genuine collaboration, are assertive and self-motivated, organized, dedicated, and enjoy the mission-driven environment of a fast-paced start-up non-profit organization, this could be the job for you. The position reports to the Director of Operations. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and proven successes in project management and designing and implementing business process improvements.
- Serve as the administrator of ORCID’s internal portfolio of information systems and tools (Gsuite, Salesforce, Dropbox, figshare, HelloSign, ZenDesk, and other platforms), in collaboration with each business owner and related external consultants, to ensure effective and efficient information sharing across the organization. Respond to staff IT queries. Conduct periodic platform reviews to identify and implement new or replacement tools and ensure our systems are compliant with privacy and security requirements.
- Assist in developing and expanding ORCID’s infrastructure related to policies and procedures across all ORCID teams and develop and maintain internal audit process to maintain compliance and identify areas of concern or vulnerabilities. Consult with other stakeholders as needed.
- Serve as project manager to lead and execute cross functional, high impact projects related, but not limited to, internal systems and tools, financial management, privacy and security compliance, operations, or the improvement of current business processes. Formulate project goals, and establish and maintain clear project management plans. Identify and motivate key stakeholders, manage timelines and expectations, and ensure that the project delivers the desired value. Ensure effective, accurate and timely communication of project information. Create and deliver executive project summaries and level status presentations
Requirements and Qualifications
- Demonstrated ability to integrate information to lead and implement organizational solutions
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in engineering, technology, or business management
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills
- Strong business, analytical, and planning skills
- Self-motivated, high attention to detail
- 3-5 plus years of demonstrated project management experience in a tech environment, PMP certification preferred
- 1+ years of Salesforce administration and customization strongly preferred
- Knowledge of relevant privacy and data security legislation, regulations, and laws preferred
- Fluency in English required. Second language a plus.
- Ability to travel based upon business needs (less than 10%)
- A committed and awesome team serving a community-driven organization
- Competitive compensation and benefits
- Flexible work hours and tools to support our virtual office environment
- Budget to choose your preferred laptop
- Knowledgeable and involved Board and community participants
Minimum Education Required