The Union for Reform Judaism is seeking Project Manager and Assistant to the Executive Vice President with exceptional organizational and interpersonal skills to collaborate with and support the Executive Vice President (EVP). This individual organizes and prioritizes critical issues and required information for the EVP to facilitate efficient decision making. The Project Manager and Assistant acts as a point of contact and/or gatekeeper between the EVP and other stakeholders. The person in this role will provide oversight and guidance to projects of high organizational importance and may act as an advisor to the EVP in certain areas.
The ideal candidate will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, strong written and verbal communication skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. Ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, is a must. As is the capacity to work calmly and effectively while under pressure. The person in this role deals with a wide variety of activities and confidential matters and therefore the candidate must be able to do so with the utmost discretion.
This role, through regular contact with and on behalf of the EVP, communicates with various internal and external constituents at a variety of levels. The Project Manager and Assistant relies on extensive experience and independent judgment to plan and accomplish goals affecting the overall success of the URJ. This position is in our New York headquarters and reports to the EVP.
- Collaborates, leads, and assists on various projects, from conception to completion, including preparing project plans, spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations, timelines and other reports as necessary; often partnering with EVP to identify priorities.
- Creates electronic tools and forms.
- Manages incoming calls, visitors, and prioritizes phone messages, emails and mail to manage workflow and priorities.
- Works with other executive assistants to coordinate events, meetings and provide backup coverage as necessary.
- Proactively prepares for meetings and coordinates with necessary staff/vendors to handle logistics, equipment and conferencing tools and other meeting needs.
- Assists with travel and calendar as needed.
- Consistently demonstrates the highest degree of executive support, confidentiality, and diplomacy.
- Works in a team environment with a spirit of cooperation and as a relationship builder.
- Provides systematic and dependable follow up, as well as a high level of organization, project management, and preparedness.
- Displays engaging interpersonal skills including the ability to think and act strategically, provide sound judgment all with a positive and energetic attitude.
Required Competencies and Qualifications:
Interested candidates must bring integrity, ingenuity, openness, excellence, and collaboration skills. Successful candidates will also be creative and enjoy working within a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment and have the following:
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience successfully working with and supporting a senior executive.
- Project Management Skills and a keen understanding of Operations and ability to identify and create process efficiencies
- Excellent Problem-Solving Skills and the ability to assess a situation and take appropriate action
- Proven Record of Successful Organization and Critical Thinking Abilities
- Superb Research/ Information Gathering & Synthesis Skills
- Strong Accountability & Dependability
- Adaptability & Flexibility
- Keen Attention to Detail
- Familiarity with non-profits
- Ability to travel
- Strong, professional communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to self-structure and work independently as well as part of a team
- Comfortable using, and active on, social media
- Proficient with the following, a strong ability to learn new software/support others in learning:
- Microsoft Office and 365 (Outlook, OneDrive, Yammer, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Zoom Meeting and Zoom Webinar
- Doodle, Wufoo, SurveyMonkey
Medical, Dental, Vision, 403(b), Life, LTD, Generous Paid Time Off
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested candidates should send their cover letter and resume to email@example.com; Subject: Project Manager and Assistant to EVP.