500 North Market Street
The Light Up The Queen Foundation is seeking a dynamic individual with an entrepreneurial spirit to serve as its next Executive Director. The Light Up The Queen Foundation is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization dedicated to the ongoing success of the historic Queen Theater in Wilmington, DE, and assuring that the Queen remains a catalyst for building community through high-quality hands-on programs in arts and music for area youth.
Who We Are:
The Light Up The Queen Foundation uses the power of the arts to transform the community through the magic that happens inside the renovated and historic Queen Theater. We are committed to ensuring the Queen Theater stays a community “clubhouse” that engages the entire music community. Through our programming and events, we hope to provide a foundation of music that fosters long term interest, appreciate, and learning in the arts.
The Leader We Seek:
We seek a leader who will fully embrace our mission and vision and exemplifies the following qualities:
- Passionate music and arts advocate
- Entrepreneurial risk-taker
- Strategic, visionary
- Strong relationship-builder, approachable
- Mentor and develop staff and volunteers
- Creative, innovative thinker
- Strong code of ethics, accountable
The Light Up The Queen Foundation is a small, grassroots organization with 2 employees and a budget of $150,000. Under the direction and guidance of the Board of Directors, the Executive Director is responsible for the planning, organizing, staffing, motivating, and directing the organization.
As the leader of the organization, the Executive Director will actively engage and energize the organization’s board members, volunteers, community partners and funders. The ED will also ensure the ongoing success of the local programming, while building effective systems to track their progress and growth.
Light Up The Queen’s next leader will excel in cultivating new partnerships, establishing new revenue opportunities, and refining current fundraising and communication plans.
- Bachelor’s degree with a track record of effectively leading and growing an organization, scaling a performance and outcomes-based organization and staff; ability to point to specific examples of having developed and operationalized strategies that have taken an organization to the next stage of growth.
- Unwavering commitment to quality programs.
- Ability to provide data-driven program evaluation.
- Excellence in organizational management with the ability to coach staff, manage, and develop extensive volunteer networks, set and achieve strategic objectives, and manage a budget.
- Past success working with a Board of Directors with the ability to cultivate existing board member relationships.
- Strong marketing, public relations, and fundraising experience with the ability to engage a wide range of stakeholders and cultures.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills; a persuasive and passionate communicator with excellent interpersonal and multidisciplinary project skills.
- Action-oriented, entrepreneurial, adaptable, and innovative approach to business planning.
- Ability to work effectively in collaboration with diverse groups of people.
- Passion, idealism, integrity, positive attitude, mission-driven, and self-directed
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Qualified candidates should email a letter of interest and resume to email@example.com.
There is no relocation allowance; reimbursement for interview travel expenses will be considered.
The Light Up The Queen Foundation is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Specific job duties and more information on the Light Up The Queen Foundation can be found at: www.lightupthequeen.org.