Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design and lead projects in collaboration with U.S. and Latin American peers and partner organizations across the Americas. Our strong partner network, built over 55 years, enables authentic engagements in communities across the region.
The VISTA member will help build AMIGOS’ capacity to expand opportunities for young people from diverse backgrounds to engage in service and have life changing opportunities. AMIGOS is a youth leadership organization with 55+ years of experience providing authentic service opportunities to young people in the U.S. and Latin America. As AMIGOS expands its reach in the U.S., this VISTA role will be integral to building a strong media presence that engages young people in service activities. The VISTA will support the marketing team with content development, storytelling, and relationship building. Additionally, the VISTA will support the team developing institutional relationships in Texas to increase the number of young people engaging in service opportunities, including schools and youth serving organizations. The VISTA will play a key role in data collection and will lead story collection efforts. In this dynamic role, you will practice project management skills, learn about media, meet with partner institutions, learn about Texas and help provide life changing experiences for young people.
Location: Houston, Texas required. Current remote working position until further notice due to COVID-19.
Compensation: AmeriCorps VISTA Members receive a living allowance for their service. Visit the AmeriCorps Benefits page to learn more.
Service Term: 1/19/2021–1/18/2022
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Collect stories of impact and create content;
• Complete marketing and social media research;
• compile feedback from youth participants into shareable content;
• create and administer surveys to collect data; draft website language;
• research and draft blog content;
• develop graphics for new programming; learn new digital marketing skills and programs (Canva, video editing, website/social media management);
• create video content for youth focused media; support management of AMIGOS social media platforms;
• manage guest blog relationships; and
• support team to increase digital footprint;
• Research and develop list of local youth service organizations to recruit youth for service opportunities; and
• Develop partnerships with organizations to recruit youth volunteers;
Additional duties as assigned.
• Reports to the Marketing Manager
• Regular collaboration with the Outreach team
• Regular collaboration with other VISTAs, VISTA site supervisors and VISTA Project Director
AmeriCorps VISTA Requirements
• 18 years old
• U.S. Citizens, nationals, or legal residents
• Successfully complete a criminal background check
• Political advocacy, organizing, or demonstrating while on VISTA duty, or while perceived to be on duty, is prohibited
PERKS AND BENEFITS
• Choice of education award or stipend
• Education award upon successful completion of service
• Health coverage
• Living allowance
• Relocation allowance
* Visit the AmeriCorps Benefits page to learn more.
View the Service Opportunity Listing and apply here.
Amigos de las Américas (AMIGOS) is a leader in international youth development, creating a world in which young people realize their full potential as leaders and global citizens. We provide extraordinary opportunities for youth to design…