Details: Commensurate with experience
Manager, Grants, Corporate & Institutional Development
The Jefferson Awards Foundation seeks a strong and enthusiastic development professional, with grant writing expertise. Reporting to the Chief Impact Office (CIO), this professional will lead teams that support fundraising initiatives nationwide, conducts prospect research, develops proposals, writes and submits grants, and manages reporting requirements. The Manager is responsible for national and local corporate and institutional development opportunities specifically in our Impact Communities. This position requires exceptional writing and project management skills, ability to learn quickly on the job, and strong interpersonal skills for working with funders as well as program and administrative staff. The candidate should possess the ability to manage projects independently, set priorities and take initiative as well as work as part of a cohesive development team.
About the Jefferson Awards Foundation (JAF)
JAF is a national nonprofit focused on elevating public service as the means to empower individuals. Through immersive training programs, activation opportunities, and a prestigious awards platform, our organization help individuals realize their ability to create change, and multiplies their impact.
- Assists with the development and implementation of multiple annual development plans to cultivate and solicit support from foundations and corporations at a national and local level.
- Initiates regular meetings with staff to monitor and support the development plans in place, and manages the status of a set of funding pipelines.
- Works with local Boards to support a holistic fundraising plan and pipeline and manages key deliverables from those pipelines
- Conducts prospect research to build robust grant pipelines for national and local staff.
- Develops and executes against multiples grants project plans to meet deadlines and ensure proposals/ reports are submitted in a timely fashion.
- Works with staff to gather financial and programmatic information, as well as supporting research and evaluation data.
- Develops and writes proposals and stewardship reports to foundation and corporate funding sources.
- Monitors requirements and deadlines.
- Creates, updates, and amends budgets for the purposes of grant submission
- Leads meetings to discuss proposal strategies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Successful track record of fundraising success for a non-profit organization; ideally 4+ years of successful experience;
- Superb formal writing skills with a particular strength in relaying information in a concise and persuasive manner;
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment and perform under deadlines and changing schedule;
- Ability to be a strong team player and willingness to work as part of a team with shared responsibility and accountability; and
- Ability to articulate outcomes and interpret and present program and financial information
- Strong financial analysis skills, with focus on ability to apply key financial data to the reporting requirements of foundations and corporations on a local and national basis.
- Ability independently with limited oversight
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Strong interest in professional growth and development in the fundraising field.
Job Type: Full Time
Salary Range: $45,000-$60,000 commensurate with experience
Experience: Development & Grant Writing: 4 years (Minimum)
Minimum Education Required