3333 K Street, NW, 3rd Floor
Location: 3333 K Street, NW, Washington, D.C. 20007
Department: Office Data Governance and Analysis
Employment Status: Regular/Full-Time/Exempt
The Legal Services Corporation (LSC) is the country’s single largest funder of civil legal aid for low-income Americans. Established in 1974, LSC operates as an independent 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation that promotes equal access to justice and provides grants for high-quality civil legal assistance. LSC currently funds 133 independent, nonprofit legal aid organizations with nearly 800 offices throughout the nation.
Basic Function: Under the direction of the Director of the Office of Data Governance and Analysis, or his or her designee, the Research Analyst will have responsibility for gathering, modeling, analyzing, and fact-checking grantee data in support of LSC goals. The Research Analyst reviews, assesses, verifies, and evaluates program data and makes policy and procedure recommendations to improve data quality and integrity. The position will also assist in other LSC initiatives and other related job duties as assigned. This position is included in a collective bargaining unit represented by the International Federation of Professional & Technical Engineers, Local 135.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Under the direct supervision of the Director of the Office of Data Governance and Analysis, performs applied research and conduct analyses regarding civil legal services to low-income people to detect and predict patterns, answer complex questions and extract insights.
- Acquires, cleans, integrates, analyzes and interprets disparate datasets using a variety of geospatial and statistical data analysis and data visualization methodologies, reporting and authoring findings where appropriate.
- Improves LSC data analysis capacity by supporting the internal project team, assisting program staff with data related projects, including identifying data sources and helping choose and use appropriate techniques and methods to answer questions.
- Advances LSC’s open data strategy by working with internal departments and department data owners to identify data sets, conducts data audits and assists in the development and implementation of processes to improve data interoperability, support data quality and data publication.
- Communicates analytical and scientific processes and results to internal and external stakeholders.
- Works with other departments and external stakeholders to improve LSC’s data collection and analysis systems.
A bachelor’s degree and a minimum of two (2) years of experience related to quantitative and qualitative data analysis; a Master’s Degree in economics, public policy, data science or related field preferred. Must demonstrate initiative and be an effective problem-solver; willingness to explore and learn new technological tools and software; excellent customer-service focus; strong and effective organizational and time-management skills; strong oral and written communication skills with demonstrated ability to craft clear written and graphic products; ability to communicate effectively with broad and diverse audiences–including staff, grantees, and applicants; demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors work to ensure quality; unimpeachable integrity and personal ethics; ability to systematically organize and catalog data and information; adaptable and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously and adjust to shifting and changing priorities under tight deadlines; attention to detail; works well independently and with others as a team member; makes sound, well-informed, and objective decisions; influences, motivates, and challenges others; understands LSC’s mission, functions, and operations; identifies and understands trends that affect access to legal services for low-income persons.
Experience with word processing, spreadsheet, and database software required. Must have
SALARY AND BENEFITS:
Salary range: $62,575 - $70,480
LSC has a competitive market-based salary structure that establishes a specific salary range for this position. The salary range has eight pay levels separated by seven steps. A new employee will be hired at Step 1 and must wait two years to advance to each of the next three steps (Steps 2 through 4), and one year to advance to each of the next four steps (Steps 5 through 8).
Excellent benefits package.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply, submit a complete application (provide ALL of the information requested and answer ALL of the questions) and attach a résumé and cover letter explaining why you are a good fit for this position. Incomplete applications will not be considered. Apply directly on our website at: www.lsc.gov/about-lsc/careers
Questions can be sent to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: If reasonable accommodation in the application process is required, please notify OHR at 202-295-1571 or email@example.com.
LSC embraces diversity as a core value. We recognize that our success as a corporation depends upon creating and maintaining a diverse team of talented professionals, and we are committed to a workplace that reflects and supports diverse individual backgrounds and perspectives. Our commitment to diversity, inclusion, and non-discrimination includes race, sex, age, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, personal appearance, genetic information, political affiliation, marital status, family responsibilities, disability and status as a veteran, and any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws or regulation. We strive to have a workplace that is comfortable and welcoming for everyone. LSC is an equal opportunity employer.