Details: This is for PT work, expected to be 2.5 days of work per week
Launched in 2010 in Kingston, NY by a small group of artist-activists, doctors, and a dentist, O+ Festivals are weekend long events that bring muralists, musicians and performers, art shows, and movement workshops into a neighborhood with the goal of providing cultural happenings. In exchange, these artists receive a variety of health services donated by doctors, dentists and complementary care providers at the signature O+ Artists’ Clinic. Entering into its 10th year, O+’s programming has developed to include mural tours, education, and public health forums. O+ builds resilient communities that emphasize the equally important roles of art, music, and wellness. Please see: http://www.opositivefestival.org for more information about us. Ready? Begin!
O+ DEVELOPMENT MANAGER POSITION
Reporting to the Executive Director, and in partnership with the Director of Operations and the Board, the Development Manager spearheads and oversees O+ development efforts.
- Develop and execute the O+ annual fundraising plan with ED/OP
- Develop and maintain ongoing relationships with major donors
- Create and execute a strategy for base of annual individual donors
- Collaborate closely with O+ board of directors on special fundraising events
- Help build and develop ongoing alumni and donor engagement with CRM
- Identify, write, and follow up with grants that will help the mission of O+
- Ability to think outside of the traditional non-profit box
- Experience in grant writing & development
- Demonstrated excellence in organizational, managerial, and communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a high stress, fast paced environment
- Facility with CRMs (customer relations management systems) a plus
This position does not include benefits.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Candidates should send resume, a writing sample, contact info for 3 references, and a cover letter to Aimee Gardner, Director of Operations: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your cover letter, please let us know how the mission of O+ is reflected in your work or values, and what unique qualities you would bring to O+ as the development manager.