Details: $13-$15 per hour DOE
Founded in 1998, Opportunity Neighborhood promotes safe and supportive housing by providing individual and family support services onsite at affordable housing complexes throughout the Twin Cities metropolitan area.
Opportunity Neighborhood is looking for Courtesy Staff to patrol large apartment complexes in the evenings and weekends in order to create a safe community for all residents. Courtesy Staff addresses the resident problems immediately, calms situations, provides customer service and alleviates the need for the reporting resident to call law enforcement. Great experience working with diverse populations and a good fit for students interested in careers in law enforcement and/or community building.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
1. Daily patrols of buildings and property.
2. Daily briefing and coordination of courtesy patrols with property management.
3. Daily courtesy reports to property management.
4. Daily maintenance reports to property management.
5. Manage parking program. (if applicable)
6. Coordinate with management Multi-Family Crime Free Housing Program.
7. Develop and maintain relationship with local law enforcement agencies.
8. Build positive rapport with youth and families.
9. Provide professional, courteous and fast service to staff and residents.
10. Maintain daily log of all incidents and activities related to lease violations and police calls.
11. Attend safety meetings as scheduled.
Experience & Qualification Requirements:
• Must be available to work weekends and evenings
• Experience in community building or security
• Experience working with a diverse population
• Ability to problem solve and work independently
• Valid MN driver’s license and reliable personnel transportation
• Ability to pass criminal background check
Level of Language Proficiency
English - proficient
Ability to speak Spanish is helpful, but not required.
Minimum Education Required