44 Belchertown Rd
Verité is a growing, award-winning non-profit organization that illuminates and addresses serious human rights and labor rights violations in factories, farms and other workplaces around the world. We serve private sector and public-sector clients by building their internal understanding of the labor rights problems they face in their supply chains and operations, and their skills to solve those problems.
Position title: Program Coordinator for Research and Policy
The Program Coordinator will provide project administration and organization as well as research support to various programs in Verité’s research and policy department including projects focused on promoting safe and fair labor migration, and combating child labor, forced labor and human trafficking.
June 8, 2018
Tasks and specific responsibilities
- Track the implementation of project workplans and proactively communicate with program staff to ensure timely project delivery;
- Assist in preparation of client/donor-ready communications, emails, and reports including copy-editing and application of the Verité style-guide;
- Liaise between Verité program and administrative staff as necessary;
- Oversee invoicing and track spending against budgets;
- Assist in and coordinate the development of new project proposals, scopes of work, and budgets;
- Translate scopes of work into concrete activities, deliverables and workflows;
- Create and maintain project documentation;
- Monitor and track email and phone communications and scheduling;
- Coordinate travel schedules and travel arrangements for senior staff;
- Plan and coordinate logistics for events and meetings, including some international events;
- Conduct basic desk research such as collecting, cleaning, and analyzing publicly available quantitative and qualitative data relevant to labor and human rights as assigned;
- Perform data validation and cleaning;
- Perform basic data analysis using Microsoft Excel;
- Coordinate tasks assigned to interns, consultants, research teams, and regional staff;
- Occasional travel (both domestic and international are possible) and pre-planned work outside regular hours to support coordination of special project activities.
Qualifications for this position
- At least 2 years of relevant professional experience
- Experience tracking status of complex project activities
- Facility with budget tracking or accounting systems
- Demonstrated excellent judgement, ability to anticipate needs, identify challenges and propose solutions.
- Ability to communicate and maintain professional relationships with high-level clients or donors in a non-profit or business environment
- Experience working in a cross-cultural context
- Ability to prioritize tasks and manage own time
- Meticulous attention to detail and organizational skills
- Self-driven and able to work both independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment
- Extensive knowledge of MS Office package, with at least intermediate Excel skills
- Ability to utilize platforms such as ConstantContact, Articulate 360, Google Analytics, WordPress, and project management software
- Excellent English language writing and editing skills
- Capability in a second language desired but not required
Qualifications for all Verité positions
- Demonstrate strong interest in Verité's mission or related social justice objectives in human rights, labor issues, international law, or corporate social responsibility
- Demonstrate professional experience thinking, communicating and working effectively across boundaries, * and promoting inclusiveness and equity in complex multi-stakeholder contexts
- Demonstrates sensitivity and competency engaging with marginalized populations such as those impacted by Verité’s mission
- Fluent, clear and concise writing in English
- Personal reliability and commitment to organizational success
- Experience with handling sensitive and/or confidential information including written, electronic, and other formats
$35,000-$40,000 depending on experience, education and skills
*These include, but are not limited to: gender, race, religion, age, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy status, nationality, class, political opinion, union affiliation, or social or ethnic origin.
To Apply: Please email cover letter and CV detailing your relevant experience against the skills and qualifications above to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line ‘Program Coordinator for Research and Policy.’ No telephone inquiries will be accepted for this position.
Minimum Education Required