50 East 87th Street
Program Coordinator – Synagogue Programming and Adult Education
Park Avenue Synagogue
New York, New York
Park Avenue Synagogue (PAS), a 1,700 family egalitarian Conservative congregation on the Upper East Side of Manhattan, currently seeks a full-time Program Coordinator focused on implementing engaging, dynamic and inspiring synagogue programming and events. We are looking for an organized and motivated individual team member with an exceptional skill set of Jewish programming, education, administration, and an understanding of the global Jewish world.
Park Avenue Synagogue offers an array of programming: a variety of courses, concerts, lecture series, discussion groups, local tours, and an annual Shabbaton. PAS has experienced tremendous growth in participation across all programs and classes. This position will report to the Director of Synagogue Programming and Adult Education and work closely with the Director of Congregational Education and the clergy, and will work directly on the implementation of our robust educational vision and annual programming of the PAS community.
• Manage projects and execute synagogue-wide events and public programs (i.e., Women’s Seder, Seder Bootcamp, Mitzvah Day, Yom Ha’atzmaut, film screenings, lectures, concerts, etc.)
• Coordinate and implement room set ups and work within budgets associated with production, AV and design
• Be present at programs and assist with registration, program implementation and post-program evaluations, recordings and podcasts
• Coordinate holiday celebrations and programming
• Serve as the liaison to Facilities and the Music Department about AV, production, and set ups
• Work on publicity and communications about offerings as well as archiving past programming
• Manage and update website pages related to relevant synagogue programs
• Serve as the staff liaison to Synagogue “ARMs” and committees as assigned
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience with a strong track record of excellent project management, program planning, execution and administration skills
• Exceptional attention to detail, appreciation for planning and logistics
• A customer-service orientation to one’s work, and an interest and ability to interface regularly with PAS congregants and stakeholders in a warm and respectful manner
• Ability to implement programs, classes concerts and events
• Ability to operate within a departmental budget
• Team player with strong interpersonal skills: ability to work collaboratively with clergy, other educational staff team members and lay leaders to achieve programmatic goals
• Ability to work some nights, Shabbats, holidays and Sundays as dictated by the program calendar
• Ability to update and manage sections of PAS website, utilize approved social media, create e-blasts and use other modes of communication
• General knowledge of current Jewish adult education and programming trends, speakers, and authors
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Experience planning and leading innovative Israel, Jewish holiday and other educational programs preferred
• Professional experience in Jewish education, camping, Hillel campus or synagogue setting a plus
Anticipated start date of November 15, 2018, with flexibility to begin sooner.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required