The Center for Educational Innovation (CEI), a national not-for-profit educational organization, is seeking an experienced Executive Assistant to support the Chief Executive Officer. The executive assistant will work closely with the CEO to ensure CEI’s mission is actualized across the many communities served. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic and close-knit team that is transforming Public Education.
The ideal candidate will be very well organized with excellent verbal and written communication skills, experience in the nonprofit sector, with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced office environment.
Provide administrative support, assistance and follow up to the Chief Executive Officer, (CEO) and leadership team, in support of the development and growth of the organization’s mission by supporting all projects and related tasks as identified by the Chief Executive Officer.
Responsibilities are, but not limited to:
- Proactively provide high-quality support to the CEO.
- Stay current on all projects and commitments of the CEO, anticipating needs and assisting accordingly.
- Maintain and manage the CEO’s complex calendar to maximize the CEO’s time, including travel arrangements and internal/external meetings; plan and coordinate a variety of meetings and events, such as staff meetings, department meetings and partner meetings (including recording of minutes and action items)
- Ensure the CEO is up-to-date on critical issues for the day.
- Create, organize and maintain team mailing lists, folders, drives including writing, editing and distributing publications including newsletters, annual reports, program and fundraising updates, copies for social media website, fundraising campaigns and donors.
- Execute administrative duties with a high degree of judgement to effectively support the leadership team, which will include continuous interaction with the organization’s senior management staff to plan large group, small group and 1:1 meetings with Board members, senior leadership, CEI staff, government officials, elected officials, school leaders, current and potential partners and donors.
- Proficient in Google suite including MEETS, Microsoft Suite including TEAMS, ZOOM, calendar functions for the purposes of preparing presentations, electronic file management, creating org charts, work flow charts, project management updates, meeting minutes, agendas, emails and memorandums.
- Manage Google KEEP or similar project management software
- Electronic and hard copy Folder/Document preparation and maintenance for CEO’s meetings. Meeting preparation including agenda building, collateral material, coordinate follow-up and correspondence.
- Board and Departmental Staff Meeting Facilitation, inclusive of creating/confirming agenda - distributing pre-work, taking minutes, Board Minutes and follow-up
- PowerPoint presentation creation/assistance
- Maintain CEO’s monthly timesheets, expense report, mileage, and credit card reconciliation
- Preparation of documents/folders for all executive and organization needs as directed by the CEO and Senior Management team
- Supports all special projects including Annual Fundraising events and Benefit Gala
- 5 years of administrative assistance experience preferred.
- Experience in the nonprofit and public education sector a plus
Conference, Travel and Special Events
- Logistical planning, scheduling conference room space, travel to meetings and conferences.
- Conference oversight and planning including preparing and implementing conference registration, set up and monitoring.
- Coordination with staff (presenters, site staff, catering)
- Technology/Special Requests.
- Organization of conference materials for CEI as a vendor ; banners, tablecloths, information cards, presentation materials, etc.
- Assistance on all conference projects as needed.
Job Type: Full-time, Monday – Friday