492 9th St., Ste 350
Oakland CA 94507
The East Bay Chapter of SCORE is seeking an administrative assistant to work in its Oakland office for 25 hours per week (Monday-Friday/5 hours per day).
SCORE is a non-profit organization affiliated with the U.S. Small Business Administration. It provides free business counseling and low-cost workshops to small businesses and people considering starting a small business. The East Bay Chapter has approximately 45 volunteer counselors and serves clients in Alameda, Contra Costa and Solano Counties.
The administrative assistant reports to the Chair of the East Bay Chapter of SCORE and provides administrative support to the Chapter and its counselors. The administrative assistant’s job duties include:
· Managing the phones, e-mails and reception area to ensure effective communication with clients, counselors and partner organizations
· Scheduling client appointments for counselors and maintaining counseling calendars
· Assisting in preparation and dissemination of information packages for SCORE workshops and community outreach activities
· Preparing materials for use at Chapter Executive Committee and counselor meetings
· Maintaining records for the Chapter
· Performing general office duties
· Utilizing the SCORE information technology system and other computer programs in performing the above tasks
Minimum qualifications include:
· At least 2 years of office administrative experience
· Computer proficiency on personal computer platforms, including Microsoft Office Suite, and with email and calendaring systems
· Attention to detail
· Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks, solve problems and handle situations independently
· Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills
Experience with a non-profit organization is a plus, but is not required.
The position pays $18-$22 per hour, depending on qualifications and experience
Minimum Education Required