Details: Benefits package available.
Legal Aid Service of Broward County and Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida seek a full time grant specialist to sustain and expand grant support via local, County, State, and Federal funding. Position is exempt. Salary range is $40K-$45K based on experience. Benefits package included. Equal Opportunity Employer.
MAJOR FUNCTION AND PURPOSE
A member of the Development Team, this position reports directly to the Grants Administrator. Assist in the research, identification, development, organization, compilation, writing, application and submission of grant proposals in a timely manner to local, County, State, Federal and foundation funding sources in accordance with applicable standards, regulations, guidelines and agency identified priorities. This position will encompass work on behalf of the two Legal Aid programs in Broward County that share the office campus in Plantation. The position will be located in Plantation, with occasional outlying and in-area travel as needed.
Interested parties are asked to submit a cover letter along with CV/Resume to the attention of Sabrina Diz, Grants Administrator, Legal Aid Service of Broward County and Coast to Coast Legal Aid of South Florida at email@example.com
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTION/EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Research new and renewable funding sources online and through various memberships, directories, and newsletters.
- Coordinate and lead meetings/e-mails to timely relay RFP/NOFA priorities and deadlines to appropriate Broward legal aid Unit and/or staff.
- Organize workload, set timelines, and assist program staff in identifying goals/objectives/outcomes, outcome measures, and project evaluations.
- Timely generate and submit well-researched, well-written, and well-documented grant proposals for local, county, state and federal funders.
- Maintain, update, and adhere to established Grant Development Calendar and Schedule ensuring all collaborators are current and compliant with benchmarks and deadlines.
- Work with Fiscal Administrator and Grants Administrator on the development, proofing, and revision of program budgets.
- Identifies possible joint applicant opportunities with local and state partners.
- Monitors local trends and developments through participation in collaborative grant committees and grant associations.
- Attend training and organizational meetings to further professional skills related to position, as identified by Grants Administrator and Director of Development.
- Assist with aspects of grant monitoring and compliance as directed.
- Ensure prompt acknowledgement of grant awards.
· Other duties as may be assigned by the Grants Administrator, Director of Development and Executive Directors in support of Development related activities.
As a member of the Development Team, this position may be called upon to assist in areas not described above as determined by the Director of Development and cleared with the Grants Administrator.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Knowledge of grant/foundational support application process and proposal writing
· Excellent communications, writing, research, presentation and organizational skills
· Excellent inter-personal skills with ability to effectively and professionally engage with fellow staff and team members
· Excellent computer skills with a substantive command of various platforms and software systems including but not limited to Word, Excel, PowerPoint, online databases, online application portals, Google Docs, Dropbox and other FTPs, and social media.
· Set and meet strict timelines and deadlines
· Identify new sources of funding
· Work graciously under pressure to meet deadlines
· Manage multiple projects and work in a fast-paced environment
· Read, interpret and apply applicable rules, laws and regulations
· Plan, prioritize and coordinate multiple projects/applications
· Gather, analyze, and evaluate a variety of data
· Be an effective team player and display professionalism at all times
· Self-motivate, self-govern
- Bachelor’s Degree in Public Administration, Communications, Public Relations, Marketing or related field with a minimum of 2 years direct experience in Grant Writing/Program Development.
- Proven Track record in securing new funding opportunities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please e-mail resume, cover letter, and writing sample to: firstname.lastname@example.org