41 Garrison Road
Create health. Build hope. Change lives.
If you care about health care access and are looking to pursue a career in development, consider joining our team!
The Brookline Center helps ensure that every child and family can access mental health care in a time of need. We provide outstanding, affordable mental health care and social services to children and adults in Brookline and neighboring communities, and deliver innovative mental health care programs in Greater Boston and statewide through partnerships with schools, hospitals, and other organizations.
Learn more about our work and impact at www.brooklinecenter.org.
The Development Associate is an enthusiastic, self-starting team player who reports to the Chief Development Officer and collaborates with all development staff, playing an integral role in the success of the Center’s year-round development efforts. The Associate coordinates development operations; manages our donor database; assists with communications, outreach, and fundraising campaigns; and supports the Board of Directors, Strategic Development Committee, and development sub-committees. This position affords ample opportunities for networking, skill-building, and professional development.
If you are an early career development professional who thrives in a fast-paced (and friendly) environment, is painstakingly attentive to details, enjoys juggling multiple projects, and cannot get enough of Excel – we want to hear from you.
Your work on the team
· Help keep our donors happy and informed, and our systems running smoothly!
· Accurately manage the Center’s donor database, including entering gift data, maintaining funder records, and generating reports.
· Process gifts and produce donor correspondence, ensuring timeliness and accuracy.
· Collaborate with the finance department to ensure accurate accounting and payables.
· Manage online fundraising pages and coordinate campaign direct mail efforts.
· Support donor-facing marketing and communications efforts.
· Assist with the planning and execution of large-scale development events (Believe in Brookline Kids gala, Women at the Center Kickoff, Hand in Hand volunteer event, and Team Brookline, our Boston Marathon team) and smaller scale donor stewardship and engagement events.
· Assist Brookline Center donors with fundraising-related inquiries.
· Provide administrative support on special projects as needed/assigned.
What you bring to the role
· Enthusiasm for The Brookline Center mission.
· Bachelor’s Degree (required).
· Minimum one to two years’ post-college work experience, preferably as part of a nonprofit development/fundraising team.
· Excellent organizational skills and unstoppable attention to detail.
· Confidence with technology and problem-solving orientation.
· Fluency with Word, Excel, Google Docs.
· Good numbers sense.
· Database experience (prior work with a fundraising database ia a big plus).
· Outstanding time management skills and follow-through.
· Ability to work both independently and collaboratively.
· A personal style that is professional and positive.
· A desire to work in a multi-faceted role in a dynamic environment.
· Flexible work schedule (some early morning meetings/evening events).
The Brookline Center offers a competitive benefits package that includes excellent medical and dental insurance, pre-tax savings and retirement plans, and generous paid time off including vacation, holidays, sick and personal time.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit your resume along with a cover letter outlining your interest and qualifications as a single PDF to email@example.com. Please include “Development Associate” in your subject line. No phone calls, please.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Brookline Center is an equal opportunity employer, committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.