LOCATION: Miami, FL, San Antonio, TX or Chicago, IL
CLOSE: Until filled
CONTACT: Eric Salazar
SALARY: Commensurate with experience
UnidosUS, previously known as NCLR (National Council of La Raza), is the nation’s largest Hispanic civil rights and advocacy organization. Through its unique combination of expert research, advocacy, programs, and an Affiliate Network of nearly 300 community-based organizations across the United States and Puerto Rico, UnidosUS simultaneously challenges the social, economic, and political barriers at the national and local levels. For almost 50 years, UnidosUS has united communities and different groups seeking common ground through collaboration, and that share a desire to make our country stronger. For more information on UnidosUS, visit www.unidosus.org or follow us on Facebook and Twitter.
The Program Development Specialist will support the UnidosUS Homeownership Network (UHN) in developing programs to incentivize and promote homeownership for Latinos in partnership with UnidosUS Homeownership Network affiliates. The Program Development Specialist will organize the development, administration, and execution of new program models and help promote existing programs in cooperation with and under the direction of the Associate Director of the UnidosUS Homeownership Network.
This position is responsible for collaborating with the Wealth and Homeownership component to develop and expand new programs that help fulfill our mission. The ideal candidate must be a strategic thinker with a demonstrated ability to take ideas from concept to implementation. To optimize project implementation, effectiveness, and results the candidate must possess excellent collaboration and communication skills in working with various teams to ensure that all parties fulfill their required duties.
· Work closely with Housing & Financial Empowerment managers and supporting staff to understand the needs and opportunities of our housing counseling organizations participating in the UHN.
· Liaise with managers in Housing & Financial Empowerment component and UHN affiliate partners to identify and define program requirements, scope, and objectives and use this information to generate ideas that lead to program and partnership opportunities.
· Coordinate new program or project planning and implementation, including assessing needs, setting goals and objectives, and ensuring successful follow-through on planned activities.
· Assist in the preparation of project proposals, timeframes, schedule, and budget.
· Work closely with component staff to support UnidosUS Homeownership Network partner agencies through monthly calls and strategic one-on-one meetings to provide technical assistance and advance collaborative projects.
· Coordinate and attend meetings; establish and maintain internal and external contacts as necessary.
· Research, analyze, document, and prepare reports that can serve as resources for project participants.
· Monitor recordkeeping and file maintenance requirements for the program or project.
· Train and support colleagues on the Wealth and Homeownership team and other project staff; assign tasks; establish priorities.
· Prepare records of project activities; oversee and ensure the timely processing and delivery of required materials, including reports and payments.
· Participate in component meetings as needed to ensure project progress and/or challenges are communicated and addressed.
· Serve as the point of contact and communicate project status adequately to various key stakeholders.
· Use project management tools to monitor project working hours, budget, plans and expenses incurred in conjunction with component accounting and reporting department.
· Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation, plans, and reports.
· Minimum of three years HUD approved Counseling experience at a housing agency required – two years of which must include program development and/or project management.
· Bachelor’s degree in a related field.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Ability to create systems, establish protocols, and recommend efficiencies.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks and goals, prioritize assignments, and problem-solve.
· Ability to work with minimal supervision, maintain attention to deadlines, function effectively under pressure, and communicate clearly and effectively about workload/priorities.
· Good disposition, flexible, and collaborative.
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) fluency preferred.
· Commitment to UnidosUS’ mission, values, and principles of ethical standards.
· Ability and willingness to travel up to 30% of work schedule.
· Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office and project management tools.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
SEND COVER LETTER AND RÉSUMÉ TO:
1126 16th St., NW, Suite 600
Washington, DC 20036
Subject Line: Program Development Specialist
Attn: Eric Salazar
No phone calls please!
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, national origin, marital status, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, personal appearance, family responsibilities, political affiliation, or enrollment in a college, university, technical school, or adult education.