Details: Salary is commensurate with experience. Please list salary requirements in your CV
1560 Wilson Blvd
The American Institute for Cancer Research in Arlington, VA, is hiring a communications specialist at the manager’s level.
Digital Communications Manager
The ideal candidate for this position will be an experienced and motivated professional who can blend print, web, and social media expertise to enhance brand recognition, and to build engagement with current and new audiences. S/he should be current on industry trends, best practices, and reporting metrics, and have a track record of planning, executing and optimizing digital campaigns. S/he will also will be a lucid writer, and ready to take a lead role in collecting, analyzing, and sharing key performance metrics for campaigns, e-publications, and other education and communications initiatives.
Location: Arlington, VA
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop and execute strategies for social media, and optimize website presence, email communication, and mobile and online campaigns to engage and attract target audiences, as well as creatively seek out new methods and mediums for outreach across digital platforms
• Lead efforts to enhance brand recognition with targeted communities among our donors, health professionals and the general public
• Optimize digital content to ensure both search engine visibility and favorable user experiences
• Manage process to design web page, email templates, social media posts and other digital marketing materials
• Manage and increase traffic and engagement on all day-to-day digital communications platforms, including Facebook page, Twitter account, Instagram, and Youtube channel
• Plan, execute, and maintain internal calendar for content creation and curation
• Create digital and interactive content (infographics, videos, quizzes, polls)
• Content selection and draft of monthly newsletters
• Support and produce online updates, alerts and campaigns, and special feature
• Support email invitations and reminders, donation pages and responses, event pages and responses and surveys via MailChimp, in collaboration with development team
• Produce monthly reports that measure open/click-through rate reports, Google Analytics, social media growth, and other campaign data for monthly reports
• Participate in daily maintenance of website and microsites
• Create and maintain current media lists in contact management software (Cision)
• Send press release to relevant media lists, and monitor press coverage
• Manage annual education conference (schedule, promotion, booth logistics) that may include travel
• Create innovative multimedia content (text, images, video, audio/podcasts, etc.) to use across digital media platforms.
• Provide data-driven insights to improve current digital communications efforts, as well as find and develop new communications opportunities
A bachelor's degree, preferably in Communications, Media Technologies, Journalism
A minimum of 3-5 years of relevant work experience
Background in managing online communications and publications
Background in planning and implementing communication campaigns
Background in health and science communications
Familiarity with associations a plus
If this is you and you are eager to make meaningful contribution to a highly relevant and important mission, please submit a cover letter with your salary requirements, a copy of your resume, and a professional writing sample for consideration. These materials should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org.
AICR offers a comprehensive benefits package complete with Medical, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Commuter Reimbursement and more....
Minimum Education Required