Executive Assistant to the President and Chief Operating Officer
- Job posted by Philadelphia Museum of Art
2600 Benjamin Franklin Parkway
How You Will Contribute
The Executive Assistant provides thoughtful and skilled daily support to the President and Chief Operating Officer helping to manage the competing demands of the Executive Office. This position requires the ability to perform in a high-volume, fast-paced office environment with minimal supervision. The individual works closely with all Museum staff, Trustees, donors, to coordinate information, meetings, events, and processes to advance the Museum’s business objectives. This position requires the utmost confidentiality, discretion, diplomacy, and professional demeanor.
Specifically, you will…
Provide the President and Chief Operating Officer with daily support by:
- Ensuring that all projects, works in progress, and relationships with both internal and external constituents receive timely focus.
- Supporting constituent relationships on behalf of the President and Chief Operating Officer especially those with Trustees, staff, donors, volunteers, and patrons, exercising considerable discretion and confidentiality in all matters.
- Maintaining the President and Chief Operating Officer’s schedule and calendar.
- Coordinating meetings, events, and programs with staff, Trustees, constituents, colleagues, and others.
- Organizing travel and ancillary arrangements for the President and Chief Operating Officer and prepares detailed itineraries as needed.
- Coordinating the President and Chief Operating Officer’s activities related to memberships and affiliations on Boards and Committees outside the Museum.
- Assisting with preparations for Committee and Board Meetings.
- Receiving and maintaining RSVPs and invitation information.
- Answering, screening, and directing calls as appropriate.
- Organizing and maintaining electronic and paper files of all correspondence, memos, proposals, etc. generated and received by the President and Chief Operating Officer.
- Preparing and composing responses as needed.
- Responding to internal and external inquiries and preparing and distributing written/electronic correspondence and information as needed.
- Maintaining and updating files and contact information.
- Maintaining budgets and expense logs. Preparing invoices for signature and payment.
- Working on special initiatives and projects as requested.
- Providing back-up administrative support for the Director and Chief Executive Officer as needed.
Your diverse background includes…
- Bachelors’ degree preferred.
- Minimum 5 years of experience providing administrative support at the executive level.
- Strong computer skills; must be proficient in MS Office suite, specifically Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced work environment.
- Experience in a professional environment demanding thoughtfulness, sophistication and confidentiality with ability to relate well to people from many different backgrounds.
- Professional demeanor, especially under pressure.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work accurately under deadline.
- Demonstrated interest in the arts; experience working in the nonprofit sector and/or a museum preferred.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include your resume and cover letter.