1030 15th Street Northwest
District of Columbia
The Senior Manager, Prospect Development is responsible for utilizing prospect research and development processes and tools/databases to support Share Our Strength’s organization-wide fundraising goals. This role manages the entire research team, its strategies, and its activities, including a thorough vetting of all research products. The Senior Manager also performs high-level research for leadership and other key stakeholders, and develops new prospects through cold prospecting techniques. The Senior Manager is responsible for the continuing refinement, implementation, and enforcement of research team policies and procedures. In addition, the Senior Manager assists the Director of Fundraising Systems and Research with prospect development and relationship management plans and activities. The Senior Manager will support the Director of Fundraising Systems & Research in managing the pipeline reporting process for revenue reporting and forecasting.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the research team’s overarching strategy and day-to-day activities, including supporting and mentoring direct reports to ensure their continuing professional development.
- Manage the organizational relationship management policy, including annual review of policy to identify if changes/actions are needed.
- Perform a comprehensive review of all research products/output prior to dissemination, checking for thoroughness and accuracy.
- Produce high-level prospect research profiles/reports, using resources such as: real estate records, SEC filings, philanthropic giving reports, FEC filings, and foundation tax returns
- Identify and qualify new, cold prospects for frontline fundraisers.
- Recommend assignments and advise on strategy for newly identified prospects, including target ask amounts and tactics for engagement, cultivation, and solicitation.
- Assist with relationship management strategy and support through participation in portfolio review meetings.
- Develop and lead processes for monthly portfolio analyses, yearly portfolio deep dives, and ongoing pipeline development.
- Oversee wealth screening processes and segment and prioritize screening results for segmentation. Evaluate and validate screening results.
- Understand and support the research needs of fundraisers and their teams; fulfill all prospect management-related support requests.
- Special assignments upon request (examples: cross-departmental pipeline report generation and management; data analytics projects; etc.)
- Related duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field.
- At least 5-8 years’ prospect research experience (non-profit setting preferred).
- Proficient with Microsoft Office suite and CRM database (Raiser’s Edge or RE NXT preferred).
- Demonstrated experience with tools such as ResearchPoint, iWave PRO, Nexis for Development Professionals, Foundation Center Directory, and WealthPoint OnTime.
- Working knowledge of and compliance with industry best practices, including a strong commitment to donor privacy; exercise discretion and uphold confidentiality.
- Superior communication (both written and interpersonal), organizational, project management, and analytical skills; able to manage competing priorities and meet deadlines.
- Able to support and collaborate with clients and colleagues at various levels across the country.
- Creative, curious, intuitive, and resourceful; exceptional and unfailing attention to detail.
- Able to back up conclusions with solid evidence and reasoning.
- Adaptable and responsive to feedback; quick to learn new systems and processes.
- Good sense of humor, team spirit, and a strong commitment to the mission.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload a cover letter, including salary requirements, a resume, and references. No calls please.