District of Columbia
The Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC) is the nation's most effective environmental action organization. We use law, science and the support of 3.1 million members and online activists to protect the planet's wildlife and wild places and to ensure a safe and healthy environment for all living things. NRDC was founded in 1970 and our staff helped write some of America's bedrock environmental laws, including the Clean Water Act, and many of the implementing regulations; our water enforcement cases played a major role shaping current water policy throughout the country. Today, our staff of more than 500 lawyers, scientists, economists, policy and communications experts, and others, work out of offices in New York, Washington, Chicago, Los Angeles, San Francisco, Bozeman, Montana, and Beijing.
The NRDC Action Fund is an affiliated but separate organization from the Natural Resources Defense Council (NRDC). The NRDC Action Fund’s mission is to build political support for advancing the goals of the Natural Resources Defense Council: averting dangerous climate change, supporting healthy people and thriving communities, and conserving and protecting nature and wildlife. We support candidates who stand up for these goals, and we mobilize the American public to lobby lawmakers and hold them accountable for their votes, both in office and at the ballot box.
The Operations Coordinator will work closely with the Director of Operations to run the NRDC Action Fund’s administrative and finance functions smoothly and efficiently. The coordinator will collaborate with various teams within the NRDC institution including corporate counsel, accounting and finance, IT and facilities and development operations, to ensure that the Action Fund is fully supported and meeting its institutional and external administrative, finance and legal responsibilities.
Finance and Accounting
- Create, implement and manage the systems and protocol for tracking YTD spending in alignment with annual budget and campaign prioritization budget allocation
- Coordinate the processing of all Purchase Orders in alignment with budget
- Work with accounting and finance team to produce financial reports for grants, campaigns and other needs.
- Work with team assistants to ensure all concur reports are produced and processed in alignment with the budget and institutional guidelines.
- Track the finances of all AF grants and produce financial reports on a timely basis to ensure appropriate compliance with grant agreements
- Draft new contracts as required and ensure all contracts are completed and renewed as necessary
- Assist with all required filings for legal and grant compliance purposes.
- Collect and ensure all Action Fund timesheets are correctly completed on a monthly basis.
- Work with outside vendors to keep time tracking system up to date.
- Work with development team to ensure all revenue is coded properly and deposited into the correct accounts and project codes
- Work with development team to reconcile FY revenue projections with actuals
Integration with Strategic Plan
- Ensure that the strategic plan metrics are incorporated into the annual budget and operating plans of the Action Fund
- Work with the entire AF team to create, implement and manage the systems and protocol necessary to track the performance metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university
- 2 to 5 years of administrative/operations experience (previous executive support preferred)
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Project management experience
- Intellectual curiosity about the intersection of politics and environmental policy
- Experience with or ability to quickly learn key software/web programs (MS Office Suite, Outlook, expense processing [i.e., Concur / Great Plains], project/task management platforms)
- Desire and ability to grow administration and operations skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Desire to work as part of a small team, but with the ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects and deadlines while managing interruptions
NRDC is committed to workplace diversity and inclusion. We are equal opportunity employers and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity and expression, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, for positions based in San Francisco, CA we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
To apply, please visit www.nrdc.org/careers and upload your resume and cover letter through our online portal. We would like you to upload any additional papers or project work that you think would showcase your abilities. Please no phone calls, emails, faxes or in-person resume drop-offs. Please reference where you saw this posting. NRDC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
If you are having technical difficulty while applying, please reach out to Customer Care by dialing 1-800-899-4422.
For further information about NRDC, please visit www.nrdc.org
Minimum Education Required