126 High Street
Passion. Purpose. Impact. CJP is at the heart of Greater Boston's Jewish community, but our reach is felt around the world. We bring together the resources, volunteers, leadership, and expertise to care for people in need, advocate for Israel, and ensure a vibrant Jewish future. Together, we're helping struggling families find financial stability, making Jewish learning relevant and inclusive, connecting the next generation to Jewish life, and so much more. Our greatest resource is our people — the staff, volunteers, partners and leaders who help make Greater Boston’s Jewish community a welcoming home. It’s this energy and commitment that drive CJP’s mission. We are one of Boston's oldest and most respected philanthropic organizations and we are currently seeking a Senior Copywriter.
As a member of the Marketing Team, the Senior Copywriter will work directly with designers, fellow writers, other members of the marketing team and clients to create effective copy solutions and creative concepts. The Senior Copywriter creates smart and refreshingly approachable copy that supports the overall marketing strategy and builds the CJP brand. Must be a versatile writer who can seamlessly develop copy for different marketing vehicles from direct mail letters, print collateral, articles, and scripts for events, to digital assets including emails, banner ads, social media and microsites. Must be able to move quickly and comfortably between multiple projects, some on very short timelines.
The Senior Copywriter is able to effectively elicit and respond to feedback from CJP business leaders and marketing partners with a spirit of collaboration, and creatively address challenges and meet organizational priorities. The Senior Copywriter must be able to present and sell work to internal and external stakeholders.
· Work with marketing team and clients to create and execute successful creative campaigns that stay on brand
· Contribute creative ideas and innovative solutions on project teams and in brainstorming sessions
· Work collaboratively with fellow creative team members, and mentor writers and freelancers
· Present creative campaigns to clients
· Pitch story ideas to the Creative team on occasion
· Interview CJP stakeholders and perform other research as needed
· Write articles and adapt for print and online
· Effectively manage feedback and edits in timely fashion, sometimes within tight timelines
· Work with interactive team on social media and editorial projects as needed
· Manage multiple projects and deadlines with attention to detail
· Additional duties as assigned with or without accommodation
· Other duties as assigned with or without accommodation.
· Bachelor's Degree required, preferable with English/Advertising focus
· 6-8 years’ experience as a copywriter
· Experience working within a creative group or advertising agency
· Possess online savvy with a good understanding of digital marketing and social media
· Motivated, highly organized, and flexible during peak workload
· Ability to partner with team members and implement feedback
· Ability to concept, present, and persuade
· Must be open-minded, resilient, positive, and enthusiastic
· Excellent time-management and communication skills
· Have a great sense of humor
· Ability to independently take projects from concept to completion
· Ability to work well under pressure and switch rapidly between projects
· Ability to convert creative strategy into compelling copy that stays on brand
· Ability to think quickly and solve problems creatively
· Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changes and shifting priorities
An understanding of the Jewish community and Federation organizations a plus.
CJP offers that rare opportunity to tap your skills, talents, and experience to benefit a greater good while you grow professionally. You will work in a dynamic environment, with a diverse group of individuals who share your commitment and enthusiasm. Together, you will make a difference for Jews and non-Jews in Greater Boston and worldwide. We offer competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits and a collegial, family-friendly work and team environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For more information about CJP, go to www.cjp.org.
Please use this link to apply: https://www.appone.com/MainInfoReq.asp?R_ID=2088815
Please include 2-3 writing samples along with your resume and cover letter.
CJP conducts background checks as part of the hiring process.
CJP is an equal opportunity employer. People with disabilities, women, veterans, people of color, and LGBTQ people are encouraged to apply. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities.