1300 Pennsylvania Avenue Northwest
District of Columbia
The Special Programs Assistant is responsible for administrative aspects of development, fundraising and event related activities, concentrating on the Trust’s corporate and foundation fundraising efforts, including key event support. The Assistant has an active role in the day-to-day operations of the Trust’s fundraising efforts and reports directly to the Chief Development Officer. A successful Special Programs Assistant will be able to work effectively and accurately with limited oversight and perform well as a member of a team.
CORE RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
• Foundation Management and Research – Work with the Chief Development Officer and other team
members to develop and implement a vibrant foundation giving program. This includes conducting
research into prospective funders; writing and submitting grant proposals and Letter of Inquiry;
and managing the grant reporting process for successful submissions.
• Grant Applications – As assigned, draft all relevant grant applications and proposals in
collaboration with multiple departments, for review of the Chief Development Officer and other
• Maintain Donor Records – Maintain records for companies, foundations, and partner
organizations and track their meetings/activities with the Trust. Work with the CRM Coordinator on
any new uploads of information for database records and additions of new contacts and prospects.
• Event Support – Support the Trust in the execution of our annual Ball for the Mall, Corporate
Leadership Council events, and more. This includes but is not limited to coordinating invitations,
communications with donors for RSVPs, and preparing and distributing event collateral.
• Generate tax receipts and invoices – As a key daily function, check the mail for income and
generate all related tax receipts and acknowledgments, while updating the language on a regular
basis. Take lead on generating invoices for pledged donations as requested by gift officers.
• Intern Management – Under supervision of the Chief Development Officer, supervise, assign
projects, manage responsibilities, and mentor the interns in order to cultivate the joint needs of
the Trust and its interns.
• Develop and Maintain Collateral & Correspondence – Develop and maintain all Trust collateral
as it relates to corporate sponsorship, corporate recognition, proposals and supporting documents.
Draft correspondence for corporate outreach and solicitations (from Trust and Corporate Volunteers)
as well as regular communication with volunteers, Corporate & Women’s Leadership Committee, and additional donors.
The Trust offers a competitive compensation and benefits package plus a positive work environment, which encourages personal growth and achievement. Please visit our website at www.nationalmall.org for more information about the Trust.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send a cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and writing sample to
email@example.com with “Special Programs Assistant_ Your Name” in the subject line. Please submit all materials in one document in PDF format if possible. No phone calls please.