322 8th Avenue
The Operations Manager plays a pivotal role managing diverse operational, fiscal and personnel needs while keeping the organization in compliance and on track for continued growth and development. The Operations Manager will also be responsible for assisting the Executive Director with executing various administrative tasks to ensure the constant stability and sustainability of the organization.
- Maintains office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; reviewing and approving supply requisitions; assigning and monitoring clerical functions.
- Manages and sorts the daily IHDF-NY mail to ensure correspondences reach the appropriate parties.
- Prepares and reviews check requests, prints checks as instructed by the ED.
- Manages electronic/credit card payments, and maintains an organized tracking system.
- Reconciles credit card and diverse purchasing accounts.
- Designs and implements office policies by establishing standards and procedures; measuring results against standards; making necessary adjustments.
- Keeps management informed by reviewing and analyzing special reports; summarizing information; identifying trends.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Creates and provides onboarding information and trainings for new employees
- Ensures that all personnel files are in compliance with the rules, regulations and NYC laws.
- Provides historical reference by defining procedures for retention, protection, retrieval, transfer, and disposal of records.
- Ensures that systems and processes organization wide are in compliance and maintains uniformity of policies and procedures.
- Monitors and measures operational results working closely with Leadership to ensure excellent service delivery; proactively identifies and rectifies potential problems.
- Represents the organization externally with existing and potential customers, vendors, and other business partners.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Works using a Methodical Approach
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Superb listening, speaking and writing skills
- Commitment to Customer Excellence
- Works effectively with a broad range of constituents
- Maintains confidentiality of records, information and interactions
- Exudes Moral Principles and Ethical Standards
- Demonstrates Resourcefulness and Trustworthiness
- Meticulous, pays attention to details
- Advanced Computer Literacy (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Maintains effective working relationships and excels in a team environment.
- Full medical, dental, vision and life insurance benefits
- 5 sick days
- 4 weeks’ vacation
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applicants should send a resume and cover letter describing their qualifications, salary requirements and interest in the position to: email@example.com
Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Writing samples will be required.
NO PHONE INQUIRIES PLEASE.