New York, NY
With a problem-solving mandate, the Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) is a think- and do- tank that tackles major policy challenges confronting the Asia Pacific in security, prosperity, sustainability, and the development of common norms and values for the region. ASPI seeks a Multimedia Producer to leverage ASPI’s projects, initiatives, and expert commentary to create dynamic and accessible multimedia content, such as videos, podcasts, and infographics.
Under the guidance of the Managing Director, the Multimedia Producer will:
· Leverage ASPI’s initiatives and expert commentary to create dynamic multimedia content such as podcasts, videos, graphics, gifs, and infographics used primarily on ASPI’s website and social media.
· Collaborate with ASPI experts and staff to identify high-impact opportunities to increase the visibility of ASPI initiatives and activities and work to develop and execute a dissemination strategy.
· Optimize video and other multimedia content for social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube.
· In tandem with the development of ASPI’s initiatives, provide guidance on the development of supplementary digital content that aids in marketing, fundraising and audience building, coordinating with internal colleagues in other Asia Society departments and with outside contractors as needed.
· Log, archive, and manage multimedia assets.
· Keep abreast of multimedia best practices and emerging trends, and make recommendations regarding new opportunities for adoption by ASPI.
· Work with project managers, other colleagues, and contractors to ensure that multimedia deliverables for editorial products are on track to meet tight production deadlines.
· Other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s degree required, with a minimum of 5 years of experience in multimedia production, with a track record of developing sophisticated, strategic approaches to digital and social media outreach;
· Outstanding written and oral communications skills with proven ability to present information clearly, concisely, and in a timely manner;
· Demonstrated ability as a multimedia storyteller.
· Demonstrated familiarity with foreign policy issues; focus on Asian policy desired;
· Strong editing skills, with the ability to synthesize nuanced information for a wider audience without sacrificing diplomacy;
· Expertise with recording video and podcasts, as well as editing them;
· Advanced knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro, InDesign, Photoshop, other Adobe Creative Cloud, and other relevant editing software required. Working knowledge of Drupal (or similar CMS). Ability to keep abreast of relevant new software and technologies;
· Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments and tight deadlines, and achieving results;
· Ability to work independently with minimum supervision; excellent judgment, tact and discretion;
· Fluency in written and oral English required; familiarity with another Asian language is a plus.
How to Apply:
Please email (1) cover letter addressing qualifications and salary requirements, (2) resume, (3) and your portfolio to email@example.com. Resume and cover letter attachments should be PDF or MS Word files, and the content sample should be shared via a Box, Google Drive, or other web accessible link.
The email subject line should indicate the job title and Code ID-2007 and your last name.
Only complete applications will be accepted. No phone calls, please. Only those candidates considered for an interview will be contacted.
New York, NY
With a problem-solving mandate, the Asia Society Policy Institute (ASPI) is a think- and do- tank that tackles major policy challenges confronting the Asia Pacific in security, prosperity, sustainability, and the…