Details: Competitive salary and benefits package
47 West Street
Located in Downtown Boston, Bridge Over Troubled Waters is the city’s premier organization dedicated to transforming the lives of runaway, homeless and high-risk youth through safe, supportive, and encouraging relationships and effective and innovative services that guide them toward self-sufficiency and fulfilling, meaningful futures. After more than 40 years, it remains a national model and program incubator for youth development services which are effective in helping the most troubled and vulnerable homeless youth to turn their lives around.
If you care about making a difference in the lives of young people, we are interested in hearing from you! To learn more about us, visit www.bridgeotw.org.
Bridge serves a diverse population of young people and values a similar diversity in our staff and volunteers. For this reason, we strongly encourage members of under-represented groups to apply for employment opportunities.
The Development Database Administrator supports the operation of Bridge's Development Office and manages the Raiser’s Edge NXT donor database. This individual is responsible for all data entry and proper gift acknowledgment, ensuring database hygiene and integrity, maintaining efficient database operations, and most important, ensuring that the database is an effective fundraising tool for the development department. The incumbent will also be the primary donor researcher for the department and assist in all areas of development as needed, including but not limited to preparation for events.
Data Entry & Gift Acknowledgment
- Gift Processing, gift acknowledgment and reconciliation, with key attention to detail for correct campaign, fund and appeal tracking.
- Production, management and mailing of acknowledgment letters, maintaining and updating the library of letters and ensuring all gifts are acknowledged accurately.
- Reconciliation of financial reporting, restricted giving, and acknowledgments in conjunction with the Development Director and Finance Director.
Database Integrity & Hygiene Management
- Management of database hygiene, including merging duplicate records.
- Responsible for maintaining updated donor information, including running quarterly NCOA updates and finding key contact information for constituents.
- Create, manage and update a manual of policies and procedures for correct data entry and database management.
Development Department Fundraising, Tracking and Reporting
- List pulls for direct mail, appeals, e-blasts and invitations with an eye for precision, strategy, and stewardship.
- Create queries, reports, custom reports and analysis to assist with revenue projections and tracking.
- Global action and individual action management as directed.
- Assist with mailings, filing, meeting preparations, reporting, and other clerical functions as needed.
- Provide assistance for fundraising events and activities.
Revenue Management of Key Programs
- Track, manage and report on the matching gift program.
- Track, manage and report on the BridgeBuilders Monthly Giving program.
- Provide research reports on donors and prospects as directed.
- Manage and update Key Information field on constituents and prospects
- Bachelor’s degree and three to five years of experience with Raiser’s Edge or another fundraising database system. Experience with Raiser’s Edge NXT preferred.
- Flexibility to work a varied schedule which may include some evenings and weekends, depending on schedule of events and projects
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and to work effectively under deadline pressure
- Strong organizational skills and problem-solving ability
- Able to work independently at times, as well as part of a team
- Flexibility and creativity
- A sensitivity to issues of youth and young adult homelessness
Please email cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Equal Employment Opportunity
Bridge Over Troubled Waters is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, ancestry, or national or ethnic origin.
We provide competitive compensation and excellent benefits including:
- Medical Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer paid Life, Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Vacation, Holiday, Sick, Personal and Birthday Time
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
Minimum Education Required