Details: Salary based on experience
Two Lake Street
Congregation Emanu-El, a 168-year-old San Francisco icon, is a Reform synagogue with over 2,100 households. Our congregants and staff are as diverse as San Francisco – from all walks of life and from all socioeconomic, religious and cultural backgrounds.
While the largest and most stable synagogue in Northern California, we are also innovative. As a large congregation, we focus heavily on creating small group experiences to enable our members to form deep relationships with one another.
The Special Events Administrative Assistant provides support for the Director of Special Events, by ordering food for meetings, dinners and other programs, preparing rental contracts and information packets, scheduling meetings, data entry, and other tasks as required.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Experience and proficiency in database management, Microsoft Office Suite as well as scheduling and event coordination. Salesforce experience a plus.
- Good verbal and written communication skills. Must be able to communicate verbally with congregants regarding sensitive situations such as lifecycle events.
- Must be well organized, conscientious and detail-minded.
- Able to multi-task and balance many different projects at once, prioritizing in order to complete projects in a timely manner.
- Ability to problem solve with minimal guidance.
- Working knowledge of Jewish terms, holidays, traditions and Hebrew is helpful.
Reports to: Director of Special Events
Status: Regular, Part-time 32 hours
We offer health, dental, vision and life insurance, a cafeteria plan and a 403b with employer match.
Minimum Education Required