The Bridge mission is to change lives, by offering help, hope and opportunity to the most vulnerable in our community. We offer a comprehensive range of evidence-based rehabilitative services, including mental health and substance abuse treatment, housing, vocational training and job placement, healthcare, education and creative art therapies. Bridge services are tailored to each individual we serve to support their recovery and independent living goals. Thousands of men and women have benefited from Bridge services, helping them lead more productive, independent and satisfying lives. To learn more about The Bridge, go to www.thebridgeny.org
The Bridge is currently seeking a Code Compliance/Violation Manager for its Facility Department.
- Using online software to track violations issued to our properties by government agencies such as DSNY (Department of Transportation) , HPD (Housing Preservation & Development), HUD (Housing and Urban Development), DOB (Department of Buildings) FDNY (Fire Department of New York) and manage issues in accordance with compliance timeframes
- Contact/work with consultants or subcontractor, as needed, to obtain compliance paperwork
- Visit Environmental Control Board Hearings to aid in dismissing DSNY (Department of Sanitation of New York) violations
- Partner with Property Managers/Regional Property Managers to ensure violations received are addressed by the property
- Manage and track hearing outcomes and violation payments
- Compile periodic inspection logs of building systems
- Visit NYC government agencies for the submission of required compliance paperwork
- Special projects and reporting as needed
- Process HPD Property Registrations for buildings
- Make sure building and apartment work orders, violations, court orders are timely completed and signed off. Collaborate with Maintenance Coordinator as needed
- Respond to tenant complaints
- Conduct building and apartment inspections
- Prepare for various inspections including Owner, Tax Credit Investor, Lender and REAC
- Assist in legal procedures and going to court when necessary
- Oversee and follow up with outside contractors
- Work closely with the LIHTC compliance department to ensure timely handling of all unit turns
- Must have a high school diploma but Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Strong organization, communication and analytical skills required
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- 3 years experience in LIHTC Property Management, Certified Occupancy Specialist, knowledge of RealPage a plus, knowledge of SiteCompli a plus, Excel, Word, excellent interpersonal, written and communication skills,
- Experience with managing relationship with government agencies
- At least 1 year of work experience with managing the violations process
- At least 2 yrs experience working in an office environment
Salary commensurate with experience.
Excellent compensation package.
Minimum Education Required