Details: Commensurate with experience
As our head of media research and audience data, you will be involved in organization-wide planning and research thought leadership across the organization. You will develop, implement and test hypothesis, analyze qualitative and quantitative research and turn data into knowledge and socialize intelligence for the brands and properties of New York Public Radio.
- Manage a team of analysts, guiding the direction of research and data endeavors both in-house and with external consultants.
- Design, operationalize, and implement survey research, quantitative analysis and qualitative efforts. Knowledge of methodology limitations is required.
- Build actionable dashboards within a business intelligence tool that answers key business questions from a variety of stakeholders, including executives and show producers. Looker experience is a plus.
- Collaborate across the organization to answer strategic business questions and test assumptions
- Educate the organization about thinking analytically, so that more individuals are able to interpret and act on deeper analyses as our infrastructure advances.
- Technical knowledge of data warehouses, star schemas, and business intelligence dashboards, plus the ability to utilize data science methods, is highly preferred as the organization moves in a more technical direction.
- 7-10+ years of experience, with at least 4 of those years spent “in the weeds” manipulating, analyzing, and reporting on a wide variety of data sets.
- Advanced degree in Statistics, Quantitative Research, Business Analytics, or relevant discipline preferred but not required.
- Exceptional verbal and written communicator, analytically-minded and patient. Must have experience and comfort with reporting data to groups with varying degrees of statistical knowledge.
- Experience in statistical and predictive modeling, regression analysis, and data mining helpful.
- Working knowledge of Excel (including pivot tables), SQL, and statistical software are required. R or Stata is highly preferred.
- Familiarity with NYPR programming, public radio, or media a plus.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply for this position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary requirements by clicking the following link:
NYPR must receive all information requested in order to consider your candidacy.