5100 Poplar Avenue
The Training to Work Case Manager works directly with clients exiting the correctional system to prepare them for re-entry into society and the workforce to help build productive lives and successful careers to avoid recidivism. The Case Manager will guide clients along their selected Career Pathways to become work-ready, providing opportunities for exploration of career interests, occupational skills trainings, participation in mentoring and work experiences. This position will provide individual case management to ensure that all barriers to success are addressed.
Primary Job Functions:
· Conduct initial eligibility / barrier screening to assess client eligibility based on program criteria;
· Secure appropriate support services to overcome any barriers;
· Review assessments and conduct Work Readiness Evaluation;
· Submit all required forms and documents to Seedco Sr. Program Associate to verify client eligibility;
· Conduct orientation sessions at designated locations for all T2W3-eligible clients;
· Develop goals and Individual Service Strategy (ISS) with T2W3-eligible client; identify appropriate Career Pathway;
· Ensure client participation in designated program activities including Mentoring or Work Readiness Activities
· Collect necessary data and documentation to support client outcomes;
· Enter and update client information weekly in the appropriate databases (e.g. Salesforce.com, MIS);
· Maintain active, regular communication with all assigned clients;
· Coordinate with Mentoring Coordinator to ensure all clients are connected to a mentor;
· Monitor Mentor / Client relationships and outcomes, offering insight as needed;
· Monitor client education and training progress;
· Provide ongoing support to assist client in reaching ISS goals, and refer to community based service providers to access additional non-employment services;
· Provide feedback on performance issues related to client and document retention solutions provided;Participate in joint conference meetings with client, T2W3 staff, Work Release Center Staff and Seedco Program Manager to ensure client success.
Interacts with: Program Staff, Program Partners, Corrections and Probations staff, Seedco management and staff, clients, Information Technology Department, and various community stakeholders.
Education and Related Work Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university (license in social work or counseling preferred)
· At least 1-3 years of experience working with non-profit organizations, community groups, and/or government programs;
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience working with ex-offenders and/or adults from at-risk, underserved communities;
· Experience in coaching, goal-setting and devising service plans in collaboration with diverse populations;
· Excellent presentation and facilitation skills with the ability to engage groups effectively;
· Ability to engage multiple stakeholders (family, program staff) to support program success;
· Valid Driver’s License
· Ability to manage multiple assignments and flexibility to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment;
· Experience working in a data driven environment and demonstrates strong computer/database skills; and
· Experience working with adults trying to build skills and achieve employment
Other Special Considerations:
This job is performed under general office conditions, and is not subject to any strenuous physical demands or dangerous conditions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the employee in this position. These statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of a person in this position.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
How to Apply: Interested applicants should send their resume and a brief cover letter to:firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject line “Case Manager – Training to Work Program”. Due to the large volume of applications we receive, we are unable to personally acknowledge the receipt and status of each one. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted. Seedco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Criminal background check is required.