The Role: The Associate, Pro Bono Services (Office of the General Counsel) will support the work of the newly expanded global Pro Bono unit. The individual in this role will report directly to the Pro Bono Senior Manager and is primarily responsible for providing a high level of administrative and organizational support to the Pro Bono team (located across multiple time zones), including detailed calendar management, support for law firm communications, and development and maintenance of tracking and contact management systems.
The Pro Bono Associate will be based in New York City in a hybrid work model. COVID-19 vaccination is required for all US-based employees of the Center.
- Provide administrative support to the Senior Director of Pro Bono Services. Day-to-day tasks will include calendar support, meeting logistics and agendas, booking and managing travel arrangements, and credit card statement processing
- Provide general administrative support to the pro bono unit, including but not limited to expense reporting (Concur reports) and reimbursements, taking meeting minutes, monitoring action items and follow-up
- Build team cohesion and engagement by developing team meeting agendas; maintaining team-wide calendar of events, activities, and meetings; soliciting and disseminating key updates from team members; organizing team-building activities; integrating team spirit across staff locations
- Coordinate internal and external meetings at the Center and off-site; provide technical support for virtual meetings; collect and manage RSVPs; coordination of guest lists with building security and onsite host(s), prepare meeting materials, including PowerPoint presentations, and facilitate event follow-up logistics as appropriate
- Maintain and regularly update Pro Bono’s information management systems including SharePoint, Salesforce, and Monday.com, ensuring high quality and accurate data. Respond to internal team information requests, including by running Salesforce reports
- Research external partners, primarily law firms and firm attorneys, to develop geographic mappings, identify targets for outreach, and support the creation and ongoing maintenance of background documents
- Develop an understanding of the Center’s programmatic work; attend departmental and inter-departmental meetings to become versed the Center’s work across regions
- Support the Senior Pro Bono Manager in the annual pro bono valuation process
- Other tasks and special projects as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required;
- Preference for 1-2 years of experience as an administrative or legal assistant in a not-for profit organization or law firm;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and familiarity with Salesforce or another database system;
- Familiarity with basic legal terminology and U.S. legal system
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to shifting duties while maintaining focus and follow-through and the ability to work professionally in a fast-paced environment;
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills, with attention to detail, accuracy and pacing;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including research and proofreading skills
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team, with capacity to receive and accept constructive feedback, take initiative and be pro-active, and demonstrate solid problem-solving skills.