1000 Dean Street
The Foundation Associate provides targeted support to the entire Foundation staff including the Program, Operations, Communications and Development teams, while managing daily office functions. This is an outstanding opportunity for someone early in their career to gain insight into all aspects of community philanthropy and foundation operations—particularly at an exciting time in the Foundation’s growth and development.
The Foundation Associate reports to the Chief Operating Officer. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Executive Support: Maintain President’s appointment calendar by planning and scheduling meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel.
Administrative Support: Manage Reception and Office Pantry, Order office supplies, coordinate use of Community Space and meeting preparations, and general office duties
Operations Support: Coordinate Board materials and meetings; maintain document filing system; schedule and coordinate staff and events; work with IT provider and various vendors.
Program Support: Be a front-line representative to the public and grant seekers; schedule meetings and trainings, manage event registration and logistics.
Development Support: Record incoming donations and deposit checks; maintain constituent data and generate reports; generate donor acknowledgement letters, and manage organization of marketing collateral for external audiences
· Bachelor’s Degree
· At least 2 years of experience in an office setting, preferably with experience in office management, administrative support, or non-profit management
· Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
· Excellent computer skills required with particular proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite and experience with database management in Salesforce or Raiser’s Edge preferred
· Strong ability to plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
· Keen sense of discretion especially when handling confidential donor and other sensitive information
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Ability and desire to interact with a broad cross-section of individuals with a customer service orientation
· Ability to work independently and also be a team player
This is a full-time position located in Brooklyn, NY that occasionally requires early morning, evening, and weekend work. Salary range: $30,000 - $40,000.
Brooklyn Community Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In alignment with its Racial Justice Lens, the Foundation is committed to maintaining a diverse staff and lifting up the leadership of people from communities historically underrepresented in philanthropy. Additionally, the Foundation does not base any hiring decisions on an applicant’s history of involvement in the criminal justice system.
The Foundation offers an excellent benefits package, which includes generous paid time off, employer-paid health and dental insurance, and friendly work environment.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Email cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org (no reference letters or phone calls please!) and please list Foundation Associate in the Subject line.