ProVeg is a food awareness organisation with the mission to reduce global animal consumption by 50% by the year 2040. We are active in eight countries across four continents and are growing rapidly. We work with governments, private companies, public institutions, medical professionals, and the public to help the world transition to a more plant-based society and economy that is sustainable for humans, animals, and our planet.
Reports to: COO
Location: Preferably Berlin, Germany, but remote work or working from one of our other European ProVeg offices (Almere, Madrid, Warsaw) is also possible
Hours: 32-40 h per week
Application deadline: September 30th 2018
Phone interviews: November 5th-8th 2018
Face to face interviews: November 12th-16th 2018
Start date: December 1st
We are looking for a level-headed and inspiring Senior HR Manager with a broad skill set, including international experience. The Senior HR Manager will support the existing HR team and ensure that the ProVeg team grows sustainably, retains its current culture in which challenges become opportunities, and strives for an agile mentality and pace.
The successful candidate will develop excellent talent acquisition strategies which support the general aims and objectives of the organisation. The Senior HR Manager will also support HR priorities and initiatives that will strengthen the following organisational areas:
- Talent acquisition/recruitment
- HR strategy
- Retention and learning & development
- Employee relations, policies, and procedures
- Enhancing organisational culture
- HR administration and management
- Proven experience with a minimum of five years of working in HR
- Experience in developing and implementing HR strategies, policies, and procedures
- International HR experience across multiple regions
- Experience in working with people from different backgrounds and a strong commitment to equal opportunities
- Strong collaboration and excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to thrive in a team and to develop and maintain positive employee relations
- Ability to spot and attract talent, and to inspire and motivate others
- Excellent written and verbal English skills
- Experience in working with a charity and knowledge of NGO-sector-specific issues
- Verbal and written German language skills
- Good understanding of and alignment with ProVeg International’s vision and mission
- Proven knowledge of international employment laws
We base our strategy on empirically-based evidence whenever possible. We seek to stay abreast of the latest research to inform our strategic considerations and outreach materials. We evaluate all of our programs to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best way to reach our goal.
ProVeg fosters a culture in which challenges become opportunities to learn through constructive feedback. Changing the global food system is a big task, and we seek out team members who think outside the box. Creative thinking and critical problem-solving skills are vital to accomplishing our ambitious goals. We believe that an organisation that includes all types of voices is a more effective organisation.
ProVeg is committed to equal employment opportunity for all, regardless of race, religion, colour, sex, age, national origin or ancestry, refugee background, genetic information, disability, marital status, parental status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, HIV status, gender identity, or gender expression. People of colour, women, people with disabilities, people from LGBTQIA+ communities, elderly people, refugees and people living with HIV are strongly encouraged to apply.
Our Application Procedure
Your application should include a cover letter, a CV and work certificates. Please tell us how you found this job ad! Please send us your application using our online form. (https://proveg.com/jobs/) Thank you!
The upcoming steps include:
- Online test
- Online trial tasks
- A first phone interview
- A personal interview and an optional “trial day”, that includes the handling of tasks that are typical for the role you are applying for. If you are not from Berlin you can do this tasks at home. That helps us to get to know you and your way of working better, and gives you a chance to get a full picture of the job and us
- The final decision may need an extra interview
Benefits of working with us
- Strong organisational focus on personal development and designated training budget
- Delicious and healthy vegan lunch every day at our Berlin office
- Flexibility around working arrangements
- And last but not least: Become part of a great team and work with us towards a world where everyone chooses delicious and healthy food that is good for all humans, animals, and our planet
Level of Language Proficiency
Required: Excellent written and verbal English skills
Preferred: Verbal and written German language skills
Minimum Education Required