287 East 10th Street
Position: Database Manager
Salary: up to $50,000
FLSA Status: Full-Time, Exempt
Founded in 1876, The Boys’ Club of New York (BCNY) is a youth development organization with the mission to empower boys and young men, ages 7 to 21, by providing effective programs and a supportive community. BCNY provides evidence-based programs to address the evolving social, emotional, health, creative, educational, and vocational needs of our members in meaningful, lasting ways. BCNY develops programs to cultivate positive qualities in members and strives to continually deepen and broaden our impact.
Summary of Position
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer, the Database Manager is responsible for maintaining the information integrity of the donor database and for maximizing its fundraising potential. The Database Manager creates and delivers reports, lists, and analysis to members of the development and finance teams and oversees the timely and accurate processing and acknowledgment of donations. The Database Manager identifies new major gift prospects and conducts research to support the department’s development efforts. The Database Manager implements best practices and ensures that the development team is capitalizing on the full benefits of the database system.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Process gifts daily, ensuring that they are recorded and processed according to the donor’s intentions and appropriately categorized.
• Ensure donors receive an acknowledgment letter in a timely fashion.
• Accurately update records to reflect actions, appeals, and event attendance.
• Develop and deliver custom reports and queries, to be used for invitation mailings, soliciting gifts, direct mail and email campaigns, and analysis.
• Maintain data integrity by establishing regular system checks.
• Recommend, undertake and document major data improvement projects to enforce consistency, streamline operations, improve data reporting, and otherwise support the effectiveness of BCNY’s fundraising strategies.
• Reconcile income monthly with the Finance Department.
• Manage relationships with donation processing vendors.
• Train colleagues on how to use Raiser’s Edge NXT and implement best practices.
• Manage and regularly update the development pages on the BCNY website.
• Prepare biographies of prospective and current donors in preparation for meetings and events.
• Proactively identify, qualify, and rate donor leads in order to expand the prospect pool.
• Attend fundraising events as directed to assist with registration and other support tasks.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education and/or Experience
• Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
• Three years’ experience managing a development or CRM database.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge NXT and Crystal Reports preferred.
• Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Word), as well as excellent keyboarding skills.
• Understanding of the principles of fundraising and data analytics, as well as knowledge of research databases and techniques.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong client services-oriented approach, and the ability to communicate with a wide variety of people in a thoughtful, diplomatic, and enthusiastic manner.
• Ability to handle highly sensitive information appropriately and maintain confidentiality with donor information.
• Excellent team player able to support colleagues, work at a fast pace, and meet tight deadlines.
Resume and cover letter required.
The Boys’ Club of New York is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required