Criminal Defense Practice Assistant Social Work Supervisor
- Job posted by The Legal Aid Society - New York City
Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Assistant Social Work Supervisor assists the Social Work Supervisor in the management of the social work practice in the borough office. The Assistant Social Work Supervisor has an active role in evaluating current social work practice and developing new protocols and strategies to respond to changing needs.
* Provide individual social work supervision to assigned staff
* Create and support new approaches to meeting staff and client needs
* Monitor social work practice and caseloads
* Participate in decisions regarding allocation of social work resources
* Ensure accountability and maintenance of practice standards
* Identify and create opportunities for staff development
* Provide emergency office and case coverage
* Initiate and coordinate special projects
* Provide in-service training and case consultation
* Conduct case reviews and performance evaluations
* Participate in staffing and personnel decisions
* Maintain small caseload
* Help develop and implement procedures and policies
* Participate in supervisory and management meetings
* Represent the Practice at external meetings and conferences
* Other duties as assigned
* MSW degree and NYS License in Social Work (LMSW or LCSW)
* Three years of related experience, including substantive experience in working with adults in the criminal justice system
* Knowledge of criminal justice, mental health and substance abuse delivery systems
* Demonstrated skills in advocacy, mediation and interviewing
* Demonstrated commitment to interdisciplinary practice and decision-making
* Supervisory experience (may include supervision of staff, volunteers, or students)
* Ability to work in a team setting
* Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal and advocacy skills
* Prior work history with CDP preferred
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required