Part Time Temporary
334 Furman Street
The Conservancy is seeking a Public Program Coordinator to help, support, manage, and execute its arts and cultural and recreational programming in Brooklyn Bridge Park. This position is instrumental in supporting the implementation of the Conservancy’s programs. The Public Program Coordinator will report to the Director of Programs and the Program Manager.
Ideal applicants will be energetic, adept at multitasking, willing to work flexible hours, passionate about great public programs, and ready to take on many and varied outdoor programs in the park. Having an interest or background in kayaking, comfort with being on the water, and/or fitness and recreation programming is welcome. They should genuinely enjoy being on the ground with program partners and participants, making sure things run smoothly and safely, and that everyone has a great time.
This is a part-time, temporary position, approximately 24-35 hours per week, running from May to late-October. This seasonal position requires Sundays and Mondays, and two other days per week, typically Thursdays and Saturdays.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Support and supervise various outdoor public programs, including set up (tents, tables, sounds system, signage, barricades, etc.) break down, and on site presence. Program offerings include, but are not limited to, music festivals, outdoor movies, dance and theater events, kayaking, fitness classes, and athletic leagues
- Manage the seasonal Summer Program Associates, in partnership with the Director of Programs and the Program Manager
- Track visitor demographic information and program participant numbers through surveys, program attendance counts, and photographs and properly enter information into internal database
- Maintain inventory control and maintenance of all programming equipment. Order materials related to programming and retain file back-ups of all details
- Remain outside, in the park, for the majority of your shift, offering support to program attendees, program partners, and to the seasonal Summer Program Associates and Program Manager.
- Bachelor’s Degree with one years of experience in event production, public programming, recreation, arts & culture, or comparable
- Experience supervising, training, and evaluating others (intern or volunteer level is acceptable)
- Capacity to function in a fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Strong customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Valid state driver’s license, required
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel
- Capability to work outdoors in all weather conditions, as well as the ability to perform physical labor (able to lift 40 pounds, regularly)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet program needs, including regular evenings, early mornings, and weekends, is required. Schedule will change to follow the needs of the programs
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit resume and cover letter, as a single PDF, to firstname.lastname@example.org and state “Public Program Coordinator_Your Name” in the subject line.
People of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT people are always strongly encouraged to apply.