Details: $55,000 - $60,000 yearly (depends on experience)
1504 Bryant St
Position Purpose: Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Finance Manager will be responsible for managing our accounts payable/receivable processes, completing the day-to-day and month end bookkeeping, and creating various financial reports. This position will be part of the finance team and will supervise a Finance/Purchasing Associate.
- Maintain our financial records (Quickbooks Online)
- Complete all accounts payable and accounts receivable processes.
- Oversee company credit card transactions; process receipts for approval.
- Make deposits.
- Ensure reconciliation of all banking and credit card accounts.
- Prepare journal entries, including monthly closing and allocation entries.
- Supervise a Finance/Purchasing Associate.
- Ensure timely completion of our month-end close checklist of financial tasks.
- Manage our bill payment system (Bill.com) and expense reporting system (Tallie); update them as necessary and troubleshoot any problems.
- Generate financial reports monthly and as needed; review reports to verify accuracy.
- Process all requests for Certificates of Insurance.
- Maintain our paperless filing and documentation system.
- Enforce proper accounting methods, policies, and principles.
- Maintain our chart of accounts and programs/classes.
- Assist with the annual audit and tax return.
- Complete other financial duties as assigned.
- Work in tandem with the Director of Finance and the Operations Team to manage/maintain the daily operations of the organization.
Responsibilities of all HandsOn Bay Area Staff
- Embrace HandsOn Bay Area’s core values and mission.
- Be ambassadors for HandsOn Bay Area in the community.
- Support the fundraising efforts of the organization.
- Act as leaders on HandsOn Bay Area corporate service projects as necessary.
- Minimum of 3 years of bookkeeping experience.
- Experience using Quickbooks Online.
- Knowledge of apps that connect to Quickbooks online (such as Bill.com, Tallie).
- Excellent computer skills; expertise in using Google Apps (Drive, Docs, and Sheets).
- Strong annalytical skills.
- Highly organized with great attention to detail and accuracy.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Efficiency-minded and compliance-oriented.
- Strong knowledge of budgeting, bookkeeping, and generally accepted accounting principals.
- Professional demeanor; strong customer service skills.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Self-starter. Able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability and flexibility to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Interest in nonprofit work and belief in the value of community service.
Join us and be a part of this fun and amazing team!
Includes a great benefits package: full health/ vision/dental insurance, 3 weeks vacation, community service time off, sabbaticals, and 401k plan with matched contributions up to 4% of salary
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
- Include the following email subject line: Finance Manager - [insert your last name here].
- Address the following in your cover letter: How would you successfully balance maintaining a good relationship with your coworkers while enforcing company policy/procedures?