Providence Connections strengthens families and enriches lives through comprehensive education and developmental opportunities for parents and children. Our center, located in the Northside of Pittsburgh, now serves over 400 local North-Side families through child care services, afters-school care, family support, parent and adult education, in-home visitation and family counseling.
Providence Connections is currently seeking a Fatherhood Engagement Specialist that will create, plan and implement various programs and activities to engage fathers in programs that will enhance their well-being, strengthen their parenting skills and provide opportunities to meet other dads and find support among their peers. The Fatherhood Engagement Specialist will actively participate in all Family Support programs providing outreach to fathers and support other Providence Family Support Center staff in their work with families.
- Provide outreach to currently enrolled families that are not active.
- Provide outreach opportunities to fathers in Northside Community who have children.
- Attend outreach events on Northside to meet families and invite involvement in PFSC programs.
- Collaborate with CYF North Office, engaging fathers involved in the system.
- Plan and facilitate various Fatherhood Activities and groups including Annual Father’s Day Event.
- Provide case management as needed to fathers, assisting them is accessing resources, health care, housing or educational and employment opportunities.
- Partner with Family Development Specialists on Home Visits as needed.
- Explore using National Fatherhood Curriculum.
- Provide regular events/activities for fathers and their children.
- Maintain accurate data in the county Synergy System for each enrolled farther and group activities. Learn and implement FAST assessment tool to be used with fathers who receive more intensive services.
- Connect with other Fatherhood programs in Allegheny County and collaborate where possible.
- Provide transportation for families as needed.
- Meets regularly with Site Director to review, prioritize tasks, and discuss issues of Fatherhood Program.
- Attend regular monthly staff meetings and CORE Program meetings.
- Attend and assist with all Family Support Programming.
- Perform other duties as assigned by your supervisor.
- High School Diploma or Associates with 3 years’ experience working with male population, BA preferred
- Act 33,34 and FBI Clearances
- Current PA Driver’s License
- Good written, communication and computer skills
- Sensitive to domestic violence and cultural diversity issues
- Strong Moral Character
- Ability to work non-traditional hours
- Independent, self-motivated and experience facilitating groups
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send resume to email@example.com