JOB DESCRIPTION LOGISTICS COORDINATOR
Jolt Initiative 501c3 & Jolt Action 501c4
Jolt Initiative is a 501c3 non-profit organization that increases the civic participation of Latinos in Texas to build a stronger democracy and ensure that everyone’s voice is heard. Jolt Action is a 501c4 non-profit organization that builds the political power and influence of Latinos in our democracy. Jolt knows that our democracy works best when everyone gets a seat at the table. That’s why Jolt builds the leadership capacity of millennial Latinos to mobilize their peers to action. Jolt lifts up the voices of Latino millennials to tell their own stories through creative acts of resistance, like the Migration is Sweet! selfie station, Poderosa mural, and Quinceanera at the Capitol, which collectively reached over 50 million Americans.
Jolt believes that Texas is poised for change, with a growing and disaffected Latino population. Today, 1 in 3 eligible voters in Texas is Latino and projections indicate that by 2030, Latinos will make up the majority of the state’s population. But demographics alone aren’t destiny. Winning change requires building a homegrown movement and a smart, focused, long-term strategy that can deliver equality and power to those who are most excluded and often first impacted.
Jolt was founded in November 2016 by Cristina Tzintzun, a nationally recognized civil rights leader. Cristina was named “Hero of the New South” by Southern Living Magazine, and her work has been featured on NPR, Vogue, The New York Times, MTV, USA Today, Univision, MSNBC’s Up Late with Alec Baldwin, among others. Jolt is a young organization with big dreams about what is possible in Texas. Our vision has made national headlines and has spurred increased investment into our work- which is why we are hiring talented people to join our growing team.
ABOUT THE POSITION
Jolt Initiative and Jolt Action are seeking a well-organized individual to become the Logistics Coordinator of Movement Mujeres, a new joint project of Jolt and Deeds Not Words. Through investments in the long-term leadership development of women of color and building the organizational muscle necessary to transform power in the Lone Star State, Movement Mujeres seeks to turn the tide in favor of women of color in one of the country’s most populous and largest economies in the country- Texas, so that the state becomes a leader in developing and implementing policies that protect and expand the rights of women of color on economic, environmental, racial and gender justice.
The Logistics Coordinator will be responsible for supporting the operations and logistics of this new, statewide program, including coordinating quarterly statewide gatherings, prompt payment and reimbursements of fellows, supporting the Training Coordinator to deliver trainings, supporting the Campaign Director to manage the project, and tracking key outputs and outcomes of Movement Mujeres.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES
Essential duties and responsibilities may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate logistics and operations for several in-person gatherings, including the annual Movement Mujeres summit and quarterly meetings of MM fellows
- Prepare check requests, invoices, and reimbursement requests across the organization
- Provide logistical support for the recruitment and retention of women into the Movement Mujeres Fellowship
- Support the training of staff and fellows
- Track key programmatic outputs and outcomes to ensure the project is on track to reach goals
- Order and maintain office supplies across statewide locations
- Establish, review, and monitor contracts with vendors
- Assist in the day-to-day operations of the project and office
PERSONAL SKILLS & CHARACTERISTICS
- Well-organized and able to manage multiple projects concurrently
- 2-years minimum office administration experience
- Enthusiastically promote Movement Mujeres and Jolt’s goals and priorities in compliance with all policies and procedures, and have a deep investment in our shared agenda for change
- Excellent verbal and written communicator
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities and manage competing deadlines
- Flexibility to work outside normal business hours that include evenings and weekends, and work extended hours to accomplish requirements of the position
REPORTS TO & LOCATION
This position reports to the Campaign Manager. This full-time position will be based in Dallas, Texas
Salary commensurate with education and experience. Competitive benefits.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume with your name and the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Minimum Education Required